Sometimes Being Pregnant Sucks! (The looking for sympathy thread)

by mama1119 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Good! As long as you've been checked out. I hope your maternity services in the US are better than they've become over here.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I hated being pregnant. I felt like I was possessed by an alien.

I feel for ya.

Maybe that is why we don't mind the actual childbirth experiance.......to get our bodies back!!!!!

I hope on top of everything its not too hot where you are.

purps

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hi Mamma,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! So sorry to hear you are having these annoying problems. I had two kids. My first (daughter) pregnancy was a living hell. Everything that could go wrong did. I was in the hospital 14 times my last trimester for premature labor. But before that I was in the hospital because my daughter had an irregular heartbeat and then shortly after that I developed toxemia. My face and hands and feet swelled up so much in one night -we had to cut my wedding ring off because it would not budge. I was devestated! I also gained 60 pounds with her. Was sick all the time and vomiting. Even in the last trimester, then the labor had to be induced and it lasted 18 hours. So I feel for you.

Everyone told me that being pregnant would be the happiest time of my life. But for my first, it was miserable. And then I felt bad because I was not happy. I just could not win. Glad to say my next one (son) was like a walk in the park. No problems, easy pregnancy, I literally walked into the hospital just in time to give birth and did not even realize I was in labor! I guess Nature cut me a break for that one!

Anyway, hope things get better. Lilly

• morty
    morty

yes girl, you are entiled to sympathy!!

Have you been checked out for gestational diabetes?

Please have this checked.

I also had 10lb babies. my first was 10lb 12ozs and the next was an even 10lbs.Had them both O Natural, and thought I was going to die. The second time around though, I did watch what I hate and when I hate as I did end up with gestational diabetes. I know get checked regular for diabetes.

You my dear, need some TLC. A hot bath before bed time every night, will do you some justice. Make sure after that warm tub, you keep those legs up for a while and drink some warm milk.Also, if you have a hubby willing to do it, a nice masssge will sooth alot of those aches. I opted out in the end, to fork out the cash and have it done right. It was worth every dime of it as I slept like a baby after every heaven bliss. By the end of my duration I was going about 3 times a week for a "prego massage"

• Nowman
    Nowman

I am 5 months pregnant and feeling great, please don't feel like you want to slap me .

Yet, this is my third, its different sperm. My 1st two, Haley is 9, and Dylan is 7, were just awful. I was sick the whole time, I had terrible heartburn. I did not swell up, but I did get huge with both. My son Dylan was 9 lbs, 2 oz, I had 41 stiches! I was in labor from 2/28/99 to 3/2/99 when he was born. I had a 102 temp also with broncitus, I did not sleep for 2 days either. Then to top it off, he was a big baby and he had to be pulled out by forceps because I was so sick, I had no energy anymore to push.

Oh, the things us woman have to go through .

I feel for you! I completely understand!

Nikki

• wifey
    wifey

Congrats!!! I know you are suffering now but look ahead to the joy and fun. We have a gal in my office that is in the same shape as you so I can sympathize with you. We all suffer along with her and give her incourgement and sympathy. Hang in there its not long now.

Wifey

• shera
    shera

I never had good pregnancies ither,I feel for yah!

Be all over soon and then you will have a sweet lil baby! Congrats!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Two of my boys were born in September so I was huge during the hot months of July and August . At one of my August appointments this older lady sitting next to me says " yep you can tell the ones that don't plan their pregnancies ", She's lucky I couldn't move to fast I would have slugged her ! Sorry your at that uncomfortable stage . Do you have a recliner to rest in ? That helped to keep feet up and head raised to ease the heartburn. Take as many bathes as you can if that's what helps . It will be over soon . I actually miss being preggers I loved feeling the baby move and kick . I also became quite a homebody during those times .

• nelly136
    nelly136

anytime is a good time, even in the middle of the night if it makes you more comfortable and gets rid of the aches for a bit :)

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Hi Mama,

As someone who has horribly difficult pregnancies I sympathize with you. The last 2 months are always the worst.

Make everyone wait on you hand and foot and don't be afraid to bother your doctor if you think something isn't right.

By the way - are you anywhere near Emmett, Idaho? My grandmother lives there and my parents just bought property there too. We have thought on and off about moving there to be close.

Try to have a good day and take it easy if you can!

Big hugs,

Chrystal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit