Please help with Child-Custody Issues

by LowTech 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LowTech
    LowTech

Per Audo Sapere's suggestion I have reposted this with a different title:

I could use some advice on how to handle this situation. My wife and I are almost divorces (she has finally signed the papers...what an ordeal). Yesterday when I was with my daughter she proceeded to tell me that "I worship Satan". Now my daughter is only 5 years old, so I know that was a remark she was taught. When dropping my daughter off before meeting I confronted my wife/ex about this. She said that she is going to teach her what the bible says.
    I tried to explain to her that just because someone doesn't worship God in the same manner as her, that doesn't mean they worship Satan. Since I no longer have my Watchtower CDROM(Could I pay someone to burn one and send it to me? Or even download one?) I cannot even research this to disprove it from her own literature. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Go here and contact Mr. Magnani. His phone and address are at the very bottom of the page!

http://www.freeminds.org/legal/magnani.htm

Nevada-

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome LowTech

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Here's a link to an old thread that might help, too: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/15618/1.ashx

I found it by looking in the 'Best Of' section on the main JWD page under the WTS and Legal Issues subheading. There are a few other good links there that you might want to peruse.

The board is slowing down right now (as people in UK head to bed and those in the US are ending their weekend).

I'll try to remember to 'bump this to top' tomorrow so it's more visible in the ActiveTopics.

Enjoy your evening.

-Denise (aka Aude)

• Mary
    Mary
    She said that she is going to teach her what the bible says. I tried to explain to her that just because someone doesn't worship God in the same manner as her, that doesn't mean they worship Satan. Since I no longer have my Watchtower CDROM (Could I pay someone to burn one and send it to me? Or even download one?) I cannot even research this to disprove it from her own literature. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi LowTech......I've got a WT CD ROM, but unfortunately, the Witnesses do in fact teach that anyone outside of the Organization is worshipping Satan whether knowingly or unknowingly.....here's a couple of examples to show how they feel about anyone outside the WT Walls:

***w598/15p.486TheFestivalofFreedom***

As the lamb?s blood did not mean deliverance and life to those unbelievers outside the Israelite homes, so Christ?s blood does not mean deliverance to unbelievers outside God?s organization.

w575/1p.276ShowRespectforJehovah?sOrganization***

and this fact positively rules out the many false claims made by the spiritually adulterous and wicked leaders of the illegitimate "daughter" organizations of Christendom. They are outside God?s organization and there is no light in them at all.

w818/15p.24HiddenintheDayofJehovah?sAnger***

It is the statute and decree of Jehovah that Christendom must perish, just as faithless Jerusalem met up with extermination in 607 B.C.E., and for like reasons. (Ezek. 22:3-5) She is bloodguilty, and her clergy have abandoned the law of Jehovah. Her religion is part of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, concerning which the apostle John wrote: "By your spiritistic practice all the nations were misled. Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth." It is no wonder that the call has gone out to those desiring to please God: "Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues"!?

However, I would suggest you get a good lawyer, explain your situation and they should be able to enforce something whereby your ex-wife cannot teach your daughter the crap that she's teaching her......

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If you don't have the child custody info from reexaminer's site get this asap

http://www.reexamine.info/80s/childcustody.pdf

It might take a few minutes to open but worth the wait

Make sure your lawyer and the judge have a copy of the document I posted above.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Best wishes Low Tech. I can imagine you must be having a dreadful time. If you're able, let your wife and daughter see you calm and reasonable even if you feel like s***. This will be to your benefit in a custody case. Especially being a man.
    Pete.

• Forscher
    Forscher

You know what?

You need to tell her that if she is going to teach what the bible says, then ahe needs to get her nose out of the Watchtower and try reading that Bible. If she ever bothered to read that Gospels without the Watchtower at hand, then she would find out that teaching your little girl that you "worship Satan" is not what any follower of Christ would do.

Forscher

• Purza
    Purza

To be quite honest and blunt, the judges don't care about stuff like that. Keep in mind my experience is with California judges. They can tell the mother (or the father) to stop saying things like that, but how will it be enforced? Do you keep taking them back for contempt when something bad is said? The judges will get tired of seeing you both. I know this from experience. My husband's ex has done and said some pretty terrible things to my step daughter about her father and the judges just do not care. They have too many other things to worry about. You need to counteract what your ex says and live your life free from the JW chains. The hope is that your daughter will eventually see that you are not a "satan worshiper" and perhaps she will realize that the mother was not being truthful. The evilness on the part of your ex will backfire in time.

I am very sorry you are going through this. It is hell. Divorces are never easy and animosity on one or both sides when children are involved just make the situation worse.

Purza

• mama1119
    mama1119

WOW...that was rough!! I hope it all works out for you...but most of all your daughter, what an awful thing for your ex to say to her at age 5.

Welcome to the board!!! And good luck!

Mama

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit