Need some help/advice

by LowTech 9 Replies latest jw friends

• LowTech
    LowTech

I could use some advice on how to handle this situation. My wife and I are almost divorces (she has finally signed the papers...what an ordeal). Yesterday when I was with my daughter she proceeded to tell me that "I worship Satan". Now my daughter is only 5 years old, so I know that was a remark she was taught. When dropping my daughter off before meeting I confronted my wife/ex about this. She said that she is going to teach her what the bible says.
    I tried to explain to her that just because someone doesn't worship God in the same manner as her, that doesn't mean they worship Satan. Since I no longer have my Watchtower CDROM(Could I pay someone to burn one and send it to me? Or even download one?) I cannot even research this to disprove it from her own literature. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

• skyking
    skyking

You could do what I do I have my still JW friends get a CD for me they are glad to do this for me at least.

• Balsam
    Balsam

LowTech,

Are you an ex-witness? If you are you know that any religion outside of JW's is viewed as worship to Satan the Devil. Is there anyway you can get custody of your daughter? For her well being it would be best for her to be away from the JW religion. All the Watchtower Society literature teaches that all religion is false religion outside of their belief's. Not much way to argue it except straight from the bible it self.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Hi Low Tech, this sounds like a difficult situation your are in. Its very unfair for them to make your daughter think something like that about you. I hope you had an opportunity to disprove this while you spent time with her. All the best, freetosee

• moshe
    moshe

I don't know what state you are living in, but you need to talk to your attorney about this. There are laws that about how ex's are supposed to conduct themselves in regard to their children. This falls into the category of personal slander,too. I hope all it takes is a letter from your attorney to stop your ex-wife from running her mouth. Just try and have fun with your daughter, so that she enjoys the time spent with you right now.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Balsam is right. I grow up thinking the same way. I could only think of the Reasoning book and the CHILD CUSTODY Booklet which give a PR level explanation on JW?s concept of "being the only ones having the truth", and view of other religions which sounds very tolerant and balanced. But as your own case proves, it is far away from the reality of JW thinking.

You can download the WT booklet here: http://www.quad-central.com/ you need to scroll down to SECRET BOOKS, it is on pdf.

I think it is important for you to have it anyway, thinking of Balsam?s suggestion.

fts

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here are some scriptures for your ex:

Deuteronomy 5:16
    "Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

Romans 12:18
    If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Mark 3:23 (NIV) So Jesus called them and spoke to them in parables: "How can Satan drive out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27 In fact, no one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house. 28 I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. 29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin." 30 He said this because they were saying, "He has an evil spirit."

Dare your ex to back up her evil words with the bible alone. Use this last verse every time she claims you are doing something of the devil. Ask if she thinks you are a loving father. Ask if she trusts her daughter alone in your presence. How can a good father like yourself be of the devil? To accuse you of this is guilty of the great sin.

It might not hurt to have a serious discussion with your ex how she thinks the next thirteen years are going to go. Does she want to raise your daughter divided and confused? Does she want to risk alienating her daughter altogether?

As for your daughter, she is old enough to start reasoning things out for herself. Ask her if she knows how much you love her. Get her to list loving and good things the two of you do together. Then ask her how that can be bad? What you DON'T do is put your daughter in between you two. Don't quiz her on what her mom does, what her mom talks about. Confront the mom directly.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I have a technical suggestion for you.

Start a new thread and title it something to the effect of 'Please help with Child-Custody Issues'. In my opinion those who have practical and first-hand experience will be more likely to help you. I skipped over your thread a few times myself because your topic heading was too vague and I didn't take time to learn the actual topic subject. You will find all sorts of advice is requested. From which job to apply for, to should I DF or DA, to laundry questions.

My guess is that the people most able to help, have their children with them on this Sunday evening and - if they should scan the topics - are more likely to stop and assist you if they realize you specific need.

In the meantime, here is a link to some of alamb's topics on a very similar subject. She even has court video of her hearing. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/1080/topics/default.ashx

I'm pretty certain that several other JWD members posted their own stories and links on her threads.

I truly wish you the best with this difficulty. Keep posting here. It really is a great site and you will get much support. It's an serious and emotional issue that touches and hurts all of our hearts.

btw - Welcome to JWD.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Here's a link to alambs first threads. You can see how her situation progresses:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/1080/topics/1.ashx

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I help where I can.

LowTech's inquiry starts over on this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/120287/1.ashx

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit