Comments You Will Not Hear at the 9-10-06 WT Study (FEAR GOD)

by blondie 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    We must never be like those described by an experienced anointed Christian: "They think of God as a sort of celestial waiter," he said. "When they need something, they want to snap their fingers and have him come. And when they've got what they want, they would like him to go away."

Since when have they started quoting themselves?????????

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    We can deal with them in the same way that David and other faithful ones of old did--with godly fear. The fear of God can overpower the fear of man.

Exactly, then you can tell those men in brooklyn to go pound sand.

Consider the case of Andre',* (Footnote: * The name has been changed.)a Christian elder, father, and medical doctor in Europe.

Must have become a doctor before becoming a dub.

Have we ever seen any admission of wrongdoing on the part of the GB that we can learn from since they claim to be chosen and anointed?

So true, where is there repentance and asking for forgiveness and there contrition??????

This is one reason I still trust the bible, because it tells the good and the bad about the people in it.

Imagine how many times David would have been disfellowshipped.

I'll take Gods judgement any day over mans!

Thanks Blondie

You sure move around alot.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I don't know if anyone mentioned this: How was it divine justice on the repercussions of sin for david's son to die, and others to have bad lives?

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I so look forward to my monday lunch times when i can look at your review Blondie, thanks so much.

I have to say I could never reconcile the God is love with all the killing he did of innocent people! The more you look at it the more you can see the WTS has to convince the reader how it all makes sense when it so patently doesnt. To have to use OT examples that dont even work to send the message to the R & F to fear is so contrary to what Jesus taught, and because the apostate society, insists in cutting its members out of his covernant and blinding their minds to the real message, they will remain a judgemental, rule abiding, mistaken and dupped people.

CS 101

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Could the reference book mentioned be found here:

http://www.preachtheword.co.uk/sermon/misc0038-wisdomandwhereitleads1.shtml

(Permission is granted to distribute this transcript in its entirety, with no alterations)
    the fear of God being our fundamental attitude toward God, and that attitude that leads us to wise behaviour, holy behaviour, and the avoidance of every form of evil.

LMAO!!!!

• Sheri
    Sheri

I noticed the permission to use but no changes.

I am thinking of sending email to my former Book Study Conductor. He called the other day just checking in told him I was doing really well and having never been more happy with my spirituality. He tried to put in few good words and mentioned the FDS I guess I just want to ask him how the FDS being the sole channel needs to quote from Christendom's Sermons as to providing the spiritual food to the masses. Like is it okay now to go to Christendom's services for spiritual food? But making the point of asking him as an elder to confirm with me that this is acceptable actions or is it another do as I say not as I do.

I guess I am using the WT article and printing out the website address and that portion that was quoted for him to read to bring him some "new light" and going to him is not causing division as he still wanting to shepard. I feel that I should be able to ask him to explain what I feel is an incredible action by the FDS. He knows my issues on 607 and UN which he did not know anything about either one and has tried to avoid further discussion, you know leaving it in Jehovah's hands and imperfection of men.

I always answer back that is fine as long as you don't claim to be God's mouthpiece and require people to do it only their way now to change it later with threat of DF for either new understanding the current position is. He has never tried to bring another elder into the issue with me just him and his wife, so sometimes I wonder if a part of him is not questioning and maybe just maybe this would help him to question.

I still find it hard to believe that I accepted the WT as God's message, now I check the quotes and with Blondie's review I truly see the real truth of the WT/GB and although I am a fader I do use what I learn to help other see the light.

Love & Peace,

Sheri

• apologist
    apologist

Well written "Blondie." I appreciated your insight very much. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to reading more of your questions and observations.

Gracias

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit