What do JWs teach about survival of Armageddon....As of non-JW spouse?

by windchime 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• windchime
    windchime

A friend of mine asked me what do they teach regarding non-believers' future. Can they survive it (Probably because of good deed of JW wife or husband)?
    It should be different in case of the partner is friendly to JW and its belief or persecutors.
    Appreciate your comment in advance.

• zeroday
    zeroday

NO. If you are not a Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing at the beginning of the BIG A God will take great delight in killing you PERIOD.

• zeroday
    zeroday

I'm sorry. I should have added, "Jehovah God" the God of LOVE will take great delight in killing you. PERIOD

• windchime
    windchime

Thanks zeroday, I myself think so, too. I remember being a JW is minimal prerequisite and not all JWs won't be survive, no?
    Do you have a source from specific WT article, especially refer to non-believer spouse and Armageddon? Please let me know.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JWs are too thick they see everything in black and white and can't make out any inbetween shades. The final judgement as they see it simply will not happen. Normally they should admit that non JW spouses who are friendly towards the JWs can not be totally damned eg they provide for JW children and spouses.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches that only baptized, dedicated JWs will survive Armageddon. They will dance around this belief but here it is in black and white in their own publications. According to the WTS, they are led by the only true "faithful and discreet slave" and only they are his visible congregation. Only those with the mark talked about in Ezekiel chapter 9 will survive, and that mark is baptism as a JW. Also, non-JW spouses will not be protected by the JW status of their spouse.

w67 8/15 p. 499 par. 4 The Way to Security ***

We cannot remain outside the organization of God’s people, separated from it, if we want to have Jehovah’s protection. Jehovah’s spirit and his angels all tend to a bringing together in unity of thought, aim and action. So there is a vital connection between Jehovah’s protection in the antitypical city of refuge and His visible congregation of spiritual Israelites, supervised by the "faithful and discreet slave."—Eph. 4:3-6; Matt. 24:45-47.

w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history.

*** w96 1/15 p. 17 par. 9 Jehovah’s Sheep Need Tender Care ***

As a result of his dedication and baptism, he becomes ‘marked’ for salvation.—Ezekiel 9:4-6.

w88 11/15 p. 17 par. 10 Helping Others to Worship God ***

An announcement that he is a new unbaptized publisher can be made to the congregation. He should continue studying the Bible, participating in the meetings, applying what he learns, and sharing it with others. Before long, he will want to take the step of Christian baptism, thus becoming approved by God and ‘marked’ for salvation.—Ezekiel 9:4-6.

w89 1/15 p. 20 pars. 20-21 How Baptism Can Save Us ***

In ancient times, slaves were often marked on the forehead. By the preaching work today, the antitypical ‘man clothed in linen’—the remnant of Jesus’ anointed followers—is ‘marking’ those who will survive the end of this system. In this work the anointed are assisted by their associates, the "other sheep." (Ezekiel 9:1-7; John 10:16) And what is the "mark"? It is the evidence that we are dedicated to Jehovah and are Jesus’ baptized disciples who have a Christlike personality.

Especially now is it vital that we have the "mark" and retain it, for we are deep into "the time of the end." (Daniel 12:4) To be saved we must ‘endure to the end’ of our present life or of this system. (Matthew 24:13) Only if we thus remain faithful as witnesses of Jehovah will baptism save us.

*** w87 4/15 p. 12 par. 12 Gaining Peace With God Through Dedication and Baptism ***

Should even youths consider baptism? Well, recall that Jehovah told the six armed men in the vision: "Old man, young man and virgin and little child and women you should kill off—to a ruination. But to any man upon whom there is the mark do not go near." (Ezekiel 9:6) Of course, children too young to make a dedication would be protected by a parent’s "mark" if that parent is striving to bring the children up to love Jehovah and if they are obediently responding. (1 Corinthians 7:14) Yet, if a child is intelligent enough to make a personal decision and has reached the point where he "knows how to do what is right," do not presume that he will continue indefinitely under the merit of his parent’s "mark."—James 4:17.

w82 2/15 p. 31 par. 18 "What Prevents Me from Getting Baptized?" ***

Just ahead the separating of the "sheep" from the "goats" will come to a conclusion. None will be left on middle ground when God brings the "great tribulation" to sweep away "those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus." (Matthew 25:31-46; 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9) Only those ‘marked’ for salvation will survive into his new order. (Revelation 7:3, 4, 9, 14; Ezekiel 9:2-6) How happy will be those who have submitted to this ‘marking’ for survival because of being accepted into a dedicated relationship with Jehovah God, as symbolized by water baptism, and continuing in integrity on the narrow road that leads to life!—Matthew 7:13, 14.

w52 8/15 p. 511 Questions From Readers ***

The marriage relationship between the two is valid in God’s sight, and the unbelieving one is not to be cast off as unfit to associate with. The believer is not living in spiritual adultery. The marriage vows hold and the close relationship and marital oneness bring special opportunity to the unbeliever, and the believing one should tactfully take advantage of this opportunity. The believing one will not divorce the unbeliever on the ground of his unbelief, for such is not Scriptural ground for divorce. If the unbeliever wants to leave the faithful believer because of faithfulness to God, then let the unbeliever go. It is his decision. But if he will remain, the believing one will not break up the marriage, but will take advantage of opportunities leading to the full and direct sanctification of the unbeliever. Merely being married to a believer does not automatically result in the unbeliever’s salvation. That it is not settled but is a matter of question, dependent upon the unbeliever’s conversion, is shown by Paul’s queries: "Wife, how do you know but that you will save your husband? Or, husband, how do you know but that you will save your wife?" The unbeliever may or may not be saved, but the believer can and should work for the unbelieving mate’s salvation as long as it remains an unsettled question.

Welcome, Blondie
  • shera
    shera

I remember when I was in,I was told,a non JW spouse and family members would not be saved.
    When a friend of mine husband went back(but has left this year..yay!),he told his wife,who was against the teachings of the WTS,that they would all live threw armageddon,if they were home....

None of that made sense to me,but so much changed over the yrs since I left anyways,nothing surprized me.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I have a great story that is along these lines:
    When I was studying with JW's, the guy who went over the books with me would allways go into some crazy tangent far away from the material. This one time he started talking about how older people would see their bodies get younger. He mentioned that there was this one older sister that had an unbelieving husband at the Kingdom Hall. He basically told me, "You know, after the big A she is going to be in the new system 'hot as a fox' and don't forget, single too'.
    I could not fathom the reasoning behind telling a young kid (16) this kind of tripe, but know I understand. It was his goal to make me a real 'organizational' man. I think he thought he could get me to actually put off girls in order to keep 'kingdom interests' first by holding out such a prize.
    BARF!

-drew

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Can they survive it (Probably because of good deed of JW wife or husband)?

I can definitely say that good works or kind thoughts is no protection at all from the Witness point of view. I'm the non-JW half of the marriage by the way. I ignore their judgement over my fate anyways, and regularly talk to my JW husband about enjoying paradise together.

• windchime
    windchime

>The JWs are too thick they see everything in black and white

You can say that again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit