Things the FDS knows well but cunningly conceals

by greendawn 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KennyC
    KennyC

That the "Pioneer Spirit" is actually a very real spirit propounded as something good and necessary for decades among all JW's, and that this said "Spirit" is actually employed by certain individuals for the sake of recruiting pioneers through trickery and compulsion which is not Christian at all in origin. See 2 Corinthians 11:4-14

4 For, as it is, if someone comes and preaches a Jesus other than the one we preached, or YOU receive a spirit other than what YOU received, or good news other than what YOU accepted, YOU easily put up [with him]. ... For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.

2 Cor. 9: 7 Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
    Notice also that Paul was writing to the congregation when saying "YOU" in his letter to the Corinthians. However, the goverrning body has always managed to apply these verses to outsiders in the world, and especially the clergy of Christendom.

• belbab
    belbab

Ted Jarasz said when interviewed by the British news reporter after coming down from the podium, said that "we do not go beyond what is written, at the mouth of two or three witnesses all things are established" (paraphrased).

The governing body knows full well that there are cases in the Bible where only one witness is required. The second witness is God himself.

An example where one witness establishs guilt is Numbers 5: 11-31.

A second example is the life of Jesus Christ. The first witness was himself, the second was God, who witnesses that he was the Christ by the works that he did.

belbab

• sspo
    sspo

They know about 607/1914 but if they would change the doctrine and reveal that God's kingdom was not established in the year

you would 1000's running away from the organ.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    They know about 607/1914 but if they would change the doctrine and reveal that God's kingdom was not established in the year

I agree. I think that at least a few have some serious misgivings about this doctrine; as there were a few back in the 1970's, according to Raymond Franz.

• greendawn
    greendawn

"The early history of the organization. Most JWS are not aware of how the teachings in the organization were really formed, and what was being taught as truth back then."

So true, when you come to think of it Russell is the founder only in the financial sense he provided the money that got the WTS corporation started very likely also secretly assisted by the free masons and the Jews.

But doctrinally the modern JWs retain nothing almost from Russell,Rutherford is their real founder in that respect. However they still claim that Russell was their founder in every respect and defend him when the need arises. In essence through Rutherford they sinfully grabbed the corporation he had set up robbing the appointed inheritors from their estate. Such is the nature of the WTS post 1916, one of unscrupulous fraudsters.

• rockhound
    rockhound

The so called "right sort of food" for Jesus to base his decision in 1919. The whole foundation for their claim of authority has been discarded by the Organization itself over the years, so how can it's claim of appointment by Jesus stand? Logic, reason, and common sense, should not allow us to believe their claim when the proofs offered by the Society to support it are not even believed anymore!

" We can't base our faith today, on false premises established back in 1919"

ROCKHOUND

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

That Leo Greenlees former member of the GB, was relocated due to being gay.

Dismembered

• Gill
    Gill

The KNOW that they are not inspired by god and that they are just a book publishing company trying to cover up the real fact that they\ve got one of the biggest scams in history running.......and perhaps even running out of time!

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I don't think it's so much a case of things they absolutely know that they are 'cunninginly concealing' as things they just aren't certain about, things that they hope are right but suspect could just as easily be wrong.

'Crisis of Conscience'
    (4th edition)

p.260 "Nathan Knorr, then the president, spoke up and said: "There are some things I know - I know that Jehovah is God, that Christ Jesus is his Son, that he gave his life as a ransom for us, that there is a resurrection. Other things I'm not so certain about. 1914 - I don't know. We have talked about 1914 for a long time. We may be right and I hope we are." "

Also, Franz on p.259 notes that Lyman Swingle said after a discussion by the GB on 1914 and the 'this generation': "All right, if that is what you want to do. But at least you know that as far as 1914 is concerned, Jehovah's Witnesses got the whole thing - lock, stock and barrel - from the Second Adventists."

So Swingle evidentally also harboured doubts on the 1914 creed.

If these comments in COC are true, then we can be almost certain that there has always some GB members who have had doubts about some things.

As each year goes by and 1914 recedes further into history, it is hard to imagine that more doubts and questioning on this doctrine wouldn't naturally emerge.

(Mind you, the 7th Day Adventists have never abandoned 1844)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit