Things the FDS knows well but cunningly conceals

by greendawn 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

What things do you believe the FDS is well aware of but refuses to disclose to its followers because it is not in its interests to do so, and why?

I give one example: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did not look forward to an earthly but a heavenly life, according to Paul at Hebrews 11: 13-16

"13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that THEY WERE STRANGERS AND ALIENS ON EARTH. 14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country, A HEAVENLY ONE. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."

CLEARLY ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB DID NOT WANT OR NEED THE BETH SARIM THAT RUTHERFORD BUILT FOR THEM. THEIR CITY IS IN HEAVEN.

But if the dubs admit their charlatanish errors their picture of earthly paradise will be overturned.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Do you mean the "Governing Body" rather than all those claiming to be of the Faithful "slave" class?

I think they mainly try to keep a lid on the corruption in the organization, some of which was revealed in Raymond Franz' books.

They try to hide:

- The weird science taught in the old Consolation and Awake magazines.

- That many of the encouraging 'experiences' told at assemblies are fiction.

- The child-molestation scandal.

- The UN scandal.

- The opulent life-style of the Governing Body.

- That the GB doesn't really care about propounding their doctrine, that they care more about keeping the organization going in the face of lawsuits, declining growth, and the wave of criticism they face on the Internet.

• Warlock
    Warlock

That we all have guardian angels. Acts 12:15. There is also another scripture in one of the 4 gospels, but I forgot where it is.

Warlock

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

That they are just a bunch of musty old men, there is no spirit direction, and they vote on things and argue, like any businessmen at a board meeting. They sugar coat their discrimination against women, with those loving explanations about Jehoopla's headship arrangement, bla-bla.

They do their best finagling when another prediction fails. They spin it all shiny and silky, and explain how, really, this was Jehoopla's purpose all along. Or, they just smile and pretend nothing ever happened.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Gopher in theory the FDS includes all the anointed but in practice it includes just the GB so in reality FDS = GB, they produce all the doctrine and carry out all the administration. The rest are just flower pots in the WTS.

Warlock do you refer to Matthew 18:10 where the angels of the little ones see the face of the Father?

Virgo many a Bethelite said that the GB felt to them like businessmen rather than persons holding a top religious office.

• blondie
    blondie

Have you ever read some of the reviews of the Proclaimers book, the WTS version of their history, and how they twist the past?

http://www.freeminds.org/history/proclaimers.htm

Whitewashing Watchtower History

http://www.cftf.com/booklets/proclaimers/index.html

Proclaimers Answered Page by Page

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/notes-on-proclaimers-book.html

Notes on the Proclaimers Book

Blondie

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Warlock do you refer to Matthew 18:10 where the angels of the little ones see the face of the Father?

Yes, Greendawn, thank you.

Warlock

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

no marraige for those ressurected...

admitted...but not emphasized...especially to those non jws who have just lost a loved one to death

• grey matters
    grey matters
    no marraige for those ressurected..

tijkmo,

Yeah, that one never made sense to me. If you figure only JW's survive the big A, and billions of people are resurrected, that makes for a small percentage of people on the planet who are allowed to be married. They didn't say that someone's marraige ended with death and they could get married to someone else in the new system. They said resurrected ones would not be able to be married. The question I was asking when being told this was "what if my wife died and I decided to stay unmarried until she was resurrected? Could I re-marry her?" The answer was no.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

The early history of the organization. Most JWS are not aware of how the teachings in the organization were really formed, and what was being taught as truth back then. The re is a reason the Watchtower CD Rom only goes back so far. Even before I ever began to have questions I always wondered why the real old literature was not made readily available to us to research in. Only when I began to have questions and look into my parents library, did I see why they don't want the R&F to know. The old stuf is really bizzarre! Have any of you heard about the Hoboken Ferry? The Behemath? The Leviathan? How about Angels and Woman? The Pyramid of Gehza?? Talk about weird!! These were teachings supposedly being taught as truth by Gods selected channel back then. If they were truths then, they SHOULD be truths now, and to time indefinate they will remain truths. Otherwise they never were. How much of what is being taught today as truth will change a hundred years from now? Then in hindsight, will it be truths or someones beliefs being taught as truths?

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit