What did they say was wrong with Hypnosis??

by mama1119 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mama1119
    mama1119

My Doctor wants me to try hypnosis to help my sleep and anxiety. He says it is just a matter of making your mind focus on what you want it to do. I cannot remember what was supposedly wrong with it in the borg?? Does anyone know what the reasoning was? Has anyone done it theraputically? Did it work??? Im not sure how I feel about it becuase I was told it was wrong for so long. But I don't know why...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

What??? Opening your mind to suggestion from anyone but the BORG???? Are you serious?

Oh, you know, opening your mind would let demons swoop in yada yada yada...

My suggestion is to Google the subject until you are satisfied with the data and comfortable with the idea. Remember... one of the best parts about being OUT is that we can use our own minds and do our OWN research.

Good luck and godspeed.

• Arthur
    Arthur

The JW theory is that puting the human mind into an altered state as is achieved during hypnosis will allow the demons to gain access to the mind to influence you. I don't understand this line of reasoning since everytime a person goes to sleep, their brain goes into a similar altered state. If the demons could gain access during hypnosis; then they could surely also gain access every time we take a nap.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Good point Arthur, thank you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Demons screw off the top of your head,jump in,put on grass skirts and do the Hula..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Demons screw off the top of your head,jump in,put on grass skirts and do the Hula..LOL!!...OUTLAW

It sounds as if demons are having an entire luau inside your head OUTLAW.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Arthur..LOL!!..Smart Ass!...OUTLAW

• trevor
    trevor

Hypnosis still suffers from the old idea that the hypnotist possesses special occult powers.

Actually hypnosis is a natural state of mind that we spontaneously enter at various times. It is not unlike day-dreaming. In hypnotherapy the therapist will utilise this relaxed state of mind to make positive suggestions. Also it is this state of mind that we have clearer access to our emotional state and what may be causing our difficulties.

By the way I am a registered member of the National Council of Hypnotherapists in the UK

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Awake-1974-September-8-pp.-27-28

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I don't know what is worse the demons or the GB!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit