NWT VERSION;A QUESTION FOR THIRDWITNESS?

by badboy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

DID WT COMMITT SPIRITUAL FORNICATION WITH SATAN BY USING A TRANSLATION BY A SPIRITUALIST(GREEBER?)

• Moomin
    Moomin

I would imagine so. Sorry, I know I'm not Thirdwitness but I thought I'd help keep it bumped up. :)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Badboy,

Given t - wit's record of answering direct questions so far, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to answer this one if I were you. That is, unless he has some (mis)information on it on his website.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/who_is_greber.htm

The Watchtower is deliberately lying!

Just take a look at the dates of these two letters:

So, in 1981 the Watchtower Society didn't know any place to get the Greber Translation? That's a blatant lie! Just take a look at this letter the Watchtower Society did send to The JOHANNES GREBER MEMORIAL FOUNDATION about a year before - December 20. 1980:

Nevada-

• Zico
    Zico

What? ... I'm confused now!!! I thought Fred Frank wrote the NWT, who's this Greeber chap?

• TD
    TD

Johannes Greber was a former Catholic priest who produced yet another of the quirky NT translations that America seems to be famous for.

The really unusual thing here is that Greber was a self-proclaimed spiritist who believed that his translational abilities were augmented by his alleged communication with the spirit world.

Therefore it is especially egregious that the JW's, who believe that such communications are the work of demons, would cite his translation at all, or for that matter, even allow it in their library.

• earthtone
    earthtone

OMG, are those letters real! I mean seriously, that made my eyes bulge. Wow,

So they are using his translation as a reference?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

We can ask why over 200 scriptures in the new testament were changed in the NWT and using the WT's own book called the Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the bible which shows the original greek and the english translation, PROVES that the WT manipulated and outright changed words to back up their teachings. This is one book I kept.

BTW: I found this gem out by mistake trying to disprove someone I met at the door in service and show them that their bible was altered. Imagaine my surprise when I found out OUR bible was altered? I felt like someone punched me in the stomache.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Funny how the Interlinear is best book they have every printed.
    I like 1 Cor 15:23 where the WTS uses the word 'rank' instead of the word 'order' that appears under the greek. Guess that scripture needed a little bit more of the 'two class christian' put in.
    "Those Darn Apostles, why couldn't they just write the truth more clearly!"

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

ha, ha - good one Drew. Thats one I caught too. It took me several months but I had a detailed list of all the changes I found. I am trying to locate it so maybe I can post them here in a thread. Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit