Golden Age Magazine

by drew sagan 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

Research Applications International has been working on producing a multi CD set containing text searchable images of all The Golden Age magazines.

My impression is that they are trying to have it available by the end of the year. But that is only 4 months from now, so we will have to wait and see.

Scanning Golden Age magazines is very difficult. The paper is of the cheapest kind that could be bought, and falls apart just at the slightest touch.

And the print quality is very poor as well, making OCR'ing the text difficult as many errors are generated.

But when RAI releases the magazine on CDs, I am sure that their work will be appreciated by researchers and scholars, but probably not by the Watchtower.

--VM44

• cathyk
    cathyk

I like Research Applications' other CD-ROMs. I'm glad to hear they'll be producing one for the Golden Ages.

The paper used in the GAs is indeed low-quality. It's amazing to see how well an early 1900s ZWT holds up, as opposed to GAs, or even later Consolations and Awakes. I believe the rag content is higher in the older magazines (Insert jokes here).

Cathy Koenig, Old Lighthouse Books

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Well if anyone needs any infor or copy of an article from these magazines,let me know. I have a very,very small number of Golden Ages from 1920 to 1935, and complete set for 1936 and 1937.As for the Consolation I have only one issue of 1937 and complete yearly sets from 1938 to 1946. Hope this could help anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit