Does the society keep records of all JW's past and present?

by hambeak 12 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

I was a very active JW pionered ms etc. I voluntarily left the org. and was never df'd to my knowledge. Do they keep a file on everyone? If so do I have access to it? How can I find out?

Hambeak

• Honesty
    Honesty

If you are currently off their radar why do you want to gain altitude?

• hambeak
    hambeak

I would just like to know. The jw's were coming to see me at work on saturdays and all of a sudden they stopped when I asked about the un.

• blondie
    blondie

No...publishers are pretty much ignored as individuals although the congregation keeps a record of their data on their time slips.

Elders, MS, regular pioneers (this may have changed) are appointed through the headquarters so there are some records kept on them as individuals.

Some data on da'd and df'd people are kept; an example is the database on JW sex offenders.

COs, DOs, and special pioneers have individual records at the headquarters as do Bethelites.

But in general the rank and file are like the nameless unwashed.

Blondie

• hambeak
    hambeak

Thanks Blondie. I really don't care if they do or not but so much is made of the org. being in total control. as when co came and we had meetings with him and he went all over the cong. records and sent a report to the society. So much like a business.

• blondie
    blondie

The COs report consisted of impersonal statistics, not like a personal letter about friends by name. Have you ever read the conclusion of the letters by Paul. He certainly did not send stats to the GB but mentioned people by name.

(1 Corinthians 16:10-20) 10

However, if Timothy arrives, see that he becomes free of fear among YOU, for he is performing the work of Jehovah, even as I am. 11 Let no one, therefore, look down upon him. Conduct him partway in peace, that he may get here to me, for I am waiting for him with the brothers. 12 Now concerning A·pol´los our brother, I entreated him very much to come to YOU with the brothers, and yet it was not his will at all to come now; but he will come when he has the opportunity. 13 Stay awake, stand firm in the faith, carry on as men, grow mighty. 14 Let all YOUR affairs take place with love. 15 Now I exhort YOU, brothers: YOU know that the household of Steph´a·nas is the firstfruits of A·cha´ia and that they set themselves to minister to the holy ones. 16 May YOU also keep submitting yourselves to persons of that kind and to everyone cooperating and laboring. 17 But I rejoice over the presence of Steph´a·nas and For·tu·na´tus and A·cha´i·cus, because they have made up for YOUR not being here. 18 For they have refreshed my spirit and YOURS. Therefore recognize men of that sort. 19 The congregations of Asia send YOU their greetings. Aq´ui·la and Pris´ca together with the congregation that is in their house greet YOU heartily in [the] Lord. 20 All the brothers greet YOU. Greet one another with a holy kiss.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    But in general the rank and file are like the nameless unwashed.

Blondie

This includes the "pond scum" anointed ones in the congregations. In spite of the "fact" that they are ruling (1918) and going to rule in the future (women included) they are a non event in the congregations today.

• free2beme
    free2beme

No, not in as much detail as you would think.

• blondie
    blondie
    This includes the "pond scum" anointed ones in the congregations. In spite of the "fact" that they are ruling (1918) and going to rule in the future (women included) they are a non event in the congregations today.

Yes, when the number of those partaking are recorded, no names are sent to the administration, especially not any women who make up the vast majority of JWs partaking today.

Blondie

• sspo
    sspo

My wife turned me for apostasy, wrote pages of things i said about the organ. and doctrines.

The elders met with me, no DF took place but the they are keeping the letter on file.

In case i move I beleive that letter will follow me, it is easier to commit fraud and adultery than to be forgiven on apostasy since you spoke against the mighty and holy GB.

I do not know if it's legal for them to do that, I tried to reason with them but you know how it is, the more you argue with the elders the more you're going to be viewed as a troublemaker............ There is no winning with them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit