OMG OMG OMG... I am freaking out (just a bit)

by Sparkplug 42 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Best wishes for this Decki.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hal and Six. Thanks and I am not really sure how it went. there is a process that you have to go through and I was in the second step of the interview process. It was really strange for it was a group interview. You were required to stand up and speak for 1 minute and tell about yourself and why you want to work there. So I got a bit blank minded after thinking on this for a few days. I knew exactly what I wanted to say... unfortunately it may not have come out as wonderful as it was in my head.

Usually I control my composure in a speech setting a lot better than I did today. I am not sure if it was good or bad seeing the rest of the group.

They then divided us into three groups and took us into separate rooms and told us that we had an assignment to call a number tonight and act as if we already worked for the university. When we do this we are acting as if we are following up a lead for an enrollment prospect. Then we wait. So I am getting ready to do this short message. After that we get either another interview or a note that tells us that we did not get it.

We will see. It is a really strange process. Plus too when they separated us I saw that all of the ladies got put together and I got put with the three men. Does this mean I am a man. Or maybe a bit stuffy. I thought the group I was in was a pretty good set of presenters.

Who knows?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have seen your posts for awhile now-I am sure you did a great job. Everyone's head speeches are better than their actual ones-be confident!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

JWdaughter- Thanks I need that and about a million hugs right now. I feel so lost.

Thanks for reading. It is good to know.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Second star to the right and straight on til morning ... follow your dreams!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Second star to the right and straight on til morning ... follow your dreams!

hey...I like that.

So anyone, please tell me. I just called that number and the extension is invalid. So is this a test. I tried 1 in front of it and Itried 0 in front of it. I also tried 2 3 4....etc. Then I tried it on the end of it. I know I double checked the number twice and three times.. So what now? I am not sure what to do. I left a message at the general line requesting someone call me and yes, I smiled in the mirror as I did that. It is loooking as if this is not meant to be. or something. Maybe my dyslexia (spelling) kicked in and in that case I am so screwed!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

As if a job interview was not freaking me out enough...Here. Look! What my baby gal looks like next to her classmates. (She is not scrunching down. It just looks that way) this is sososoooooooooooo not cool. Damn it. She says the Sr guys just come up and ask if you are a virgin. It goes like this...

Name?

Grade?

Virgin?

WTF?????

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

OK, looks like they are testing "initiative" - leaving an appropriate message is good. Probably wanted to see if you would leave a message to get followup (good customer relations).

Be certain that if a HR consultant was involved it would have a twist.

Re the seniors, guys of that age can be complete arseholes - they push the limits and often go beyond. I have taught guys that age (technical college) and have had some real challenges! If your baby gal has even one tenth of your nature, she will do OK against these pests. At least she does talk to you about it......

Take care

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I sure hope so, I am going to try to call them this morning and see if this was a twist in the plot.

I hope so, this job sounds really neat. Lots of growth opportunity.

Sara

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well this is one job I did not get. I knew I was too stressed. Wrong time to try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit