SHOW ME DA MONEY!!!!

by conoroberst 14 Replies latest jw friends

• conoroberst
    conoroberst

hello.. I always like to come back here and see those who are still in (but faking it, like me), those who are about to be out, and angry, those who are out and angry, and those who are out but sanguine (sp?)) anyway.. despite all the undoubted and unargauble arguments about the WBTS I just think its funny when y'all talk about the watchtower people being in it for the money...honestly, the bethel people, the elders (I know quite a few in the US and UK bethels), honestly, have you seen, their houses (if they have them), or their cars, or their suits, or their watches, or their shoes?) even the branch people and the GB, honestly, these guys are not in it for the money, for the security maybe, a distasteful realisation many years ago that they have chosen the wrong path, that maybe they should have gone to university after all, but are stuck working as postmen (or overseers of packaging depts).. they are so not in it for the money, just personal mental security, you cant be overtly rich in and in the upper echelons of the organisation.. you are just in it for comfort, not to have to try and join the commercial world with no education or experienc4e at 45+ (and yes i am a hypocrite, and tied into a cult, and told what to do by the oppressors, but i have a lovely wife and lovely family to attend to, what are you gonna do? we are all gonna die soon, whats the point of getting all angry about the social circle we were born into?) discuss..

• greendawn
    greendawn

They may well be in it for the glory or power and not the money, that is the upper echelon, though we often suspect that the org makes money that goes to people or organisations that are unknown to us.

• sinis
    sinis

"Money" comes in many different forms. I would say yes, they are in it for the "money" or some sort of reward. Many stay in there positions or aspire to these positions for a reward, either in this world or the next. They blindly hold to values and beliefs in this world hoping for a reward in the next.

• vitty
    vitty

I dont think its the money......its the power they have over other ppl..............that is a stronger motive than money

Greendawn......love the avatar

• sspo
    sspo

I agree with you 100%.

Once i realized the truth was not the truth and spoke too much about it with my wife, my marriage of 27 years fell apart.

I wish i would have done differently. Count the cost seriously

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

First: "unargauble arguments"? What is that?

Second: I'm relatively new but I don't remember seeing anything about the Dubs being in a cult "for the money." I don't even know if one aspect has anything to do with another. Where did you read something like this? Just for my own edification, why do you want to discuss it if you know for a fact it's not true, which I assume many, possibly even most will agree with that it is not.

p.s. I'm glad you realise that you are in a cult. If you're happy then I am happy for you. If you are not happy, I hope that you have the courage to put down the Kool-Aid, step outside the hall and do your own research so that you can get happy, whatever that means to you.

• WTFBBQPWNT
    WTFBBQPWNT

It's not the lowly publishers, pioneers, or elders that are in it for the money. Obviously like you said, they live in borderline poverty. It's the Governing Body that are "in it for the money" so to speak. Not the literal cash, but the posh lifestyle they enjoy. Everything they dictate that gives them that level of control that they thrive on....it's done to insure their neat, roomy apartment overlooking Brooklyn. It insures their laundry service, food service, and the free travel that they have access to whenever they decide to make a visit to another country.

Oh yeah, they'll do anything and pass any "law" that it takes to keep that lifestyle secure. If they were to let the real truth be known, WTS would fold and these 80-year old men would be on the street with no income, no possessions, and nowhere to go.

That's why good men like Swingle may have spoken up or voiced disagreement on some issues, but never would have taken it to the point of saying, "Either this changes or I'm out!" They're stuck there. I think Sydlik felt the same way, that's why he would just break down and weep in his prayers. I think he was sincerely disgusted at where the Governing Body found themselves during his final years. But in the end, they were wrong for shutting their eyes and playing along.

Look at what the Governing Body are publishing to the great crowd: MEETING ATTENDANCE (insures your contributions and your headcount can be attributed to their success), FIELD SERVICE (bringing in others so the same can be done with them), SHUNNING DISFELLOWSHIPPED ONES (keeping you from talking to people that can influence you to ultimately take away from the GB's lifestyle). It all screams "CONTROL". Control is the only way they can keep it up.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Yes, I agree that the "power" they hold over JWs is more valuable to them than money!

But money also helps them to keep that power!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/80108/1.ashx JPMorgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund 2,812,686,762. (That's more than $ 2.8 Billion)

As of October 27, 2004, the following persons owned of record or beneficially 5% or more of the outstanding shares of the class identified of any of the Acquired Funds or Acquiring Funds. Shareholders indicated below holding greater than 25% or more of a Fund are "controlling persons" under the 1940 Act.

Nevada-
  • MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    but are stuck working as postmen (or overseers of packaging depts).. they are so not in it for the money, just personal mental security, you cant be overtly rich in and in the upper echelons of the organisation.. you are just in it for comfort,

That's just it! They are not making any money, they are breaking their backs trying to please an organization. Sheesh! You just don't get it. It's like being a Hebrew slave. Many of these people could be so much more, but they are living in the "so untruth" of that religion. Many are not happy campers, but carry on because they are told that they or their family will die at Armaggeddon. Just because you're happy, you assume that all the Witnesses are. I was one very unhappy Jehovah's Witness. There was no way that I could meet all of their demands. I left thinking I was a goat. I'm so happy to be an apostate goat now! It's like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I'm glad to know that I'm not out there selling this malarkey to other people, having them join an organisation that will suck the life out of them. . .Well, some could be like you and love it, but I ain't going to do it. . .and I don't have to!

The relief of knowing this is more valuable than riches!

You have a nice day!

• moshe
    moshe

Despite the WT articles to the contrary, the real head of the wife is the elders at the KH. One slip up buster, and the elders can destroy your happy little marriage. A witness marriage is all a house of cards waiting for your mistake to bring it down. Sorry guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit