Forgiving the Watchtower Society

by The wanderer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Forgive the WTS???

Hardly.

Why forgive a lying, evil cult that places itself in Jesus' place as Savior, and cleverly controls every aspect of people's LIVES under the guise of "pleasing God"?

I feel so much pity for those that are trapped inside it, and have thrown their lives, their futures and their children's lives and futures away to a phony fairy-tale ending that their "spiritual leaders" have made up.

I see it this way: the bible says to hate what is bad......and the Watchtower Society IS bad. VERY bad.

I hate the WTS.

Seeing as how this cult has shredded up and successfully destroyed my family with its man-made rules and hateful policies, I feel justified in feeling this way.

It can't go down in shame OR flames soon enough to suit me.

Frankly.....according to their tract....where false religion will come to an end....

...the VERY first "false religion" I'd like to see bite the dust.....is the WTS.

I have no problem "forgiving" someone who is sorry and who asks for forgiveness.....unfortunately I see nothing but a heartless and cold arrogance from the mouths and the actions of the WTS cult that claims to be Christian.

But then....that's just me.

Annie

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Im with the majority on this in that forgiveness can only come when they have repented; and to coin their words used to me in my judicial committee it falls down to whether they have shown 'works of repentence' - hardly!

DB74

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is no sound reason to forgive them since they can not change their evil nature and they will carry on just the same. People go back for all the reasons you mentioned. The journey into a new unfamiliar world may be too much for some.

• moshe
    moshe

Under Jewish law a wrongdoer had to pay compensation to the victim. They are responsible for the death of probably thousands of JW's- immunization ban, organ transplant ban, and currently the blood transfusion ban. As far as I know they have never , ever said they were sorry for causing anyone's death, let alone talk about compensation. Sorry, but I can't see how they deserve any quarter from former members.

• heathen
    heathen

I agree there needs to be a show of humility a confession that a mistake was made but instead all they give are excuses , it must be nice to excuse yourself and force everybody to follow suite. I think the UN debacle is another reason for them to apologize , the blood dogma is a good one as well , people are dying over it for no good reason , if somebody can prove in court they are being molested that should be good enough reason to remove somebody not this out dated 2 witness rule which technically only applies to elders anyway . The scripture says do not remove an" older man" unless there are at least 2 witnesses to a wrongdoing .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit