The "New World" post Armageddon - childish fantasy

by Gregor 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

The WTS provides illustrations of well clothed and fed people standing around grinning at each other at some never ending picnic. That's nice. But with all the focus recently on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina I got to thinking of the practical problems of a post-Armageddon world. I don't recall ever hearing exactly how the survivors are going to care for all their physical needs. Are the angels just going to take care of all their needs like magic? Are the basic laws of Jehovah's perfect creation going to be suspended? Like decomposition of dead flesh, the health dangers of natural fecal bacteria and the need of potable water and food? I am sure if a JW were to ask these reasonable questions he would be given an answer suitable for a two year old, "Jehovah will provide, not to worry"

6 billion dead bodies, no electricity, sanitation or communications. No fuel for those who live in a North Dakota winter.

Seems like a big knowledge gap here that has never been addressed by the FDS

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

But that's exactly the point, Gregor. Any concerned dub would wonder how things would happen in the New System TM , but the old standby like you said is "Jah will provide." Therefore any problem or concern can be explained away without a second thought. So any question about rotting corpses, or how or where to clean up buildings, is replaced by "Jah will provide." No thought needed, no logic required. Much like WTS doctrine anyway, eh?

It is also implied that, much like the pictures, we would return to an agrarian existence. I figured we would live like the Amish. So there's no need for electricity, the outhouse becomes the sanitation, and there's no need for phones because there would be an eternity to spend visiting people.

Funny how humans were supposed to have perfect minds too, yet we would somehow choose to live like 18th century humans...

• blondie
  • SirNose586
    SirNose586
    http://groups.msn.com/EXJWSTHATARENOWCHRISTIANS/thediaryofarmageddonsurvivor.msnw

How about this version of the Armageddon story?

Quite funny, and a little bit scary, especially if this is how the elders imagine things would be....

• vitty
    vitty

Blondie

I think this diary is great, ive printed it out and read it from time to time to remember how bad the new system could be

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Blondie,

Thanks for that link. My young son (he was about 8 at the time) once told me that JW's were no fun at all and if they would be the only ones in the paradise -he wouldn't want to live there! Out of the mouths of babes.

Poor Jdubs, they can't even rest in the paradise - so much work to do. Lilly

• Mary
    Mary
    I don't recall ever hearing exactly how the survivors are going to care for all their physical needs. Are the angels just going to take care of all their needs like magic? Are the basic laws of Jehovah's perfect creation going to be suspended? Like decomposition of dead flesh, the health dangers of natural fecal bacteria and the need of potable water and food? I am sure if a JW were to ask these reasonable questions he would be given an answer suitable for a two year old, "Jehovah will provide, not to worry"

These questions were actually brought up years ago at the Bookstudy when we were studying the Revelation Climax book. Most people's biggest worry was not the decomposition of flesh, but the lack of coffee that would be available.

• lowden
    lowden

You beat me to this one Gregor.

I've had this in my mind for a while now. This one is a big hurdle for the WTS to get over.

OH!......no i've got it!!

God's gonna need a helluva lot of birds to get rid of 6 billion bodies, so he'll just re-create pteradactyls....they'll eat LOADS. Yep, that'll do the trick!!

Ye of little faith.

Peace

Lowden

• carla
    carla

Lowden,

What happens after the pteradactyls finish with our decomposing apostate butts? Will they become vegetarians or feed upon the few who don't measure up to elders standards?

Seriously, where are the jw's in this clean up duty? I was under the impression that jw's feel they will help jah clean up the earth while everybody grows younger to some perfect ageless age. My jw cannot seem to admit that jw's believe they get to clean up my dead stinkin' body and his own childrens as well. Is he just confused on this matter or is it a widespread problem with jw's. He hasn't a clue how they will accomplish these grotesque deeds but sees the 'new system' just like the front covers of the wt's show! A nice house for all, panda or lions playing with two kids, mom & girls in dresses, mowed lawn, perfectly paved driveway, etc... He forgets, I guess, that HIS wife and children won't be the ones playing on the lawn. Maybe he gets a new family? I wonder how third world jw's view these artist renderings of the new system?

• parakeet
    parakeet

The average JW will say that if Jehovah can rain down manna from the heavens for the Israelites, then surely he will provide food and janitorial services in the new world.
    parakeet, of the what-will-happen-to-intestinal-worms-in-the-new-world class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit