Funniest JW joke on TV

by brianhenke 7 Replies latest social humour

• brianhenke
    brianhenke

What is the funniest JW joke you saw on TV?

Many years ago, Gary Burbank had a TV special here in Cincinnati in which a number of JW jokes were made (like Teenage Mutant Nin Jehovah's Witnesses).

And there was this funny moment from the Weakest Link. It wasn't supposed to be a joke, but it sure is funny:

Anne Robinson: "In religion, the Jehovah's Witnesses distribute Awake and what other magazine?"
    Contestant (after pausing for a few seconds) "Mad." (Somehow that seems appropriate!) I wish we called the wt by that name!

Any one got some other funny ones?

• Arthur
    Arthur

The funniest scene that I ever saw was from the movie: Airplane. There is a scene where actor Robert Stack is walking into the airport; when a JW walks up to him and tries to hand him a tract. Robert Stack all of the sudden busts out in an elaborate kung-fu move; where he picks the guy up, throws him over his shoulder, and totally kicks his ass. It's a real hoot.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

My all-time favorite is still from Saturday Night Live (back in the 70's).

Land Shark. Classic Spoof. Funny JW Humor.

-Aude.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I can remember laughing at JW spoofs on Saturday night live, but don't remember the details.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

On Comedy Central, they air a show called Reno 911, which is a spoof of COPS, and the othe popular cop dramas.

On one episode, to officers pull up on some witnesses, and accuse them of being suspects, and they have them submit at gun point. The witnesses are both crying, and very girly.

Then, a few episodes later, when they try to do the same thing, the witnesses call Brother Thor, very tall bald guy, and have him put both cops in a headlock. Then one of the JWs who was crying on the earlier episode starts asking the officer's questions. "Would you like to know more about Jehovah?" "Can we have your home address?"

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    On one episode, to officers pull up on some witnesses, and accuse them of being suspects, and they have them submit at gun point. The witnesses are both crying, and very girly.
    Then, a few episodes later, when they try to do the same thing, the witnesses call Brother Thor, very tall bald guy, and have him put both cops in a headlock. Then one of the JWs who was crying on the earlier episode starts asking the officer's questions. "Would you like to know more about Jehovah?" "Can we have your home address?"

I have to agree with RR, the cops terrorize those two dubs until they are bawling and slobbering, face down on the ground. And then they say 'Oops, sorry, mistaken identity", and then they get back in there squad car and laugh their heads off..............too funny

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I've seen many but the funniest to me was at the beginning of "Friday". When the 2 old ladies knock on the door and begin their "presentation"

"Good morning would you like to know about blah blah blah?"

Craig (Ice Cube) says, "hell no and slams the door in they face"

1 of the old sisters (Ester from Sanford and Son) "well F**k you, you half dead m**ha f**ker.....c'mon sister"

I know that wasn't good quoting but you get the idea especially if you've seen it before

• elliej
    elliej

Scooby Doo 2. The gang falls through a trap door and on the way down first pass some girl scouts and then 
    two guys in suits who ask if they have heard the "good news". Scooby says, "Yeah, there's cookies!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit