I got a letter this week from an old friend

by nsrn 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

"Suppose she counted her time for writing to me? (What am I thinking...of course she did!) "

hahahaha! *wink*

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Am I the only one that doesn't get phone calls, letters, or literature from family and friends? I have never recieved a phone call, or letter, no emails, no visits. nothing....from my parents, 3 siblings or any former friends.. they don't even care enough to call the local kh and have them call on me....or my children who are grown...I just don't get it.

lisa

• unique1
    unique1

You should be excited!!! She found it in her heart to overlook the craziness of shunning and contact you. True you may never be the friends you once were, but you shouldn't feel hurt over this. Look at the bright side, maybe she is finally questioning why you wanted out!! That can be a good thing. Best Wishes.

• Jobees
    Jobees

lisavegas,

I live 5 minutes from the local KH. Not once have any elders tried to see where I stand, after leaving 5 years ago. My brother-in-law is an elder. I have seen him once in the past year and he didn't even look at me. Besides that I have no ties with anyone in the organization. So your not alone.

• Jobees
    Jobees

NSM, the letter idea was probably her way of converting you back. But, it probably also held a duel purpose of letting you know how well she is doing and that your decision to leave was foolish. I like the idea listed above of sending her a letter with the simple statement: "and your telling me this, why...?" Or simply tell her how happy your life is WITHOUT the JWs in it.

• parakeet
    parakeet

lisavegas, I know how you feel. I faded almost 30 years ago; never DFed or DAed. Not once during that time has an elder called or written to find out why I stopped going to meetings. Even my own brother, who is an elder, never asked me about what happened or encouraged me to come back.
    On one hand, I'm glad they're leaving me alone. On the other, when I read about posters who are almost harassed by elders trying to get them to come back, I sometimes ask myself, "what am I then, chopped liver?"
    I'm sometimes hurt that my former cong and even my own family don't think I'm worth saving.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    On one hand, I'm glad they're leaving me alone. On the other, when I read about posters who are almost harassed by elders trying to get them to come back, I sometimes ask myself, "what am I then, chopped liver?"

Yes, exactly. I'm not ever going back,...but I've never told anyone..(well except for ya'll)...... I go back and forth between being really irriated that they ignore me, to pissed that they aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing, to sad that they don't even care enough to call or write.

I live 5 minutes from the local KH. Not once have any elders tried to see where I stand, after leaving 5 years ago. My brother-in-law is an elder. I have seen him once in the past year and he didn't even look at me. Besides that I have no ties with anyone in the organization. So your not alone.

I'd be tempted to be out in the yard so I could wave when they drove by...making sure they didn't forget where I was....and what I was doing. Whatever...I will continue to live my life..and wait for my oppertunities. We got a couple new walmarts...maybe they'll set up a booth...hehehe.

lisa

• girasole
    girasole

I too can sympathize. When I first started missing meetings my best friend of nearly 12 years told me that we could no longer be friends if I kept going in the direction that I was going - ie - out of the truth. Ironically enough, I was going through some things this weekend and found a card that she had sent to me years before I ever had any inclination of leaving the witnesses. It said that there would no doubt be bumps along the road in our friendship but that we'd make it through whatever comes along and be lifelong friends. I guess then she could not foresee this one particular bump. I have not spoken to her since the day that she ended our friendship. Despite everything, I still think off her often and I miss the connection that we had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit