BRAIN-DEAD QUOTES FROM OCT 1st WT

by Mary 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary
    Mary

The Writing Department should really win an Oscar for Best Screenplay in a Comedy/Drama series .......in the October 1st Craptower, the article is entitled Is the Bible Too Restrictive? In actuality, every Witness knows that this is really asking "Is the WTS Too Restrictive?", but no one will actually say that.

On page 9 it says in part:

Traffic laws may entail a lengthy and detailed list of regulations--in some places the number of parking rules alone is staggering. In contrast, the Bible does not set out a long list of rules.

Unlike the Branch Organization Manual that lists approximately 1,100 man made rules that every single Bethelite must adhere to when they walk through those doors....

Rather, it sets out basic principles, and these are not burdensome or oppressive.

OK, forget Bethel, what about all the manmade rules that the R&F Witness is supposed to adere to? Where does it say in the bible that a Christian must attend 5 freaking meetings a week, have their man made bible aid studied beforehand, and go out knocking on strangers doors each and every Saturday morning? Where does it say that you have to "turn in your time" every month, so that the top drones can judge you either "approved association" or "disapproved association"? Where does it say in the bible that brothers can't have beards, or that you can't celebrate Christmas or birthdays or even Thanksgiving?

Romans 14:3-12 says: Who are you to judge the house servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for Jehovah can make him stand. 5 One [man] judges one day as above another; another [man] judges one day as all others; let each [man] be fully convinced in his own mind............But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you also look down on your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written: "‘As I live,’ says Jehovah, ‘to me every knee will bend down, and every tongue will make open acknowledgment to God.’" 12 So, then, each of us will render an account for himself to God.

Anyone who's ever stepped foot inside a Kingdumb Hell knows full well that the Witnesses most certainly do judge their brothers when they break the very least of all their unwritten rules. They can't be bothered waiting for us to stand before God on Judgement Day---they want to judge people and judge them now damn it!

Jesus Christ extended an appealing invitation to his contemporaries: "Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you. For my yoke is kindly and my load is light."..........

Really? Geeze, you'd never know it when you read the literature that He supposedly endorses:

*** w85 7/1 p. 31 *** Most of that time is taken up with preparing for and attending five meetings a week;

*** w72 7/1 p. 408 "Among the Congregated Throngs I Shall Bless Jehovah" ***The first way of giving is by thoroughly preparing for all five meetings. What does this mean? It means setting aside a specific time in advance to read over the assigned material for the coming meeting

*** w71 6/1 p. 332 Are You Waiting for "The Call"? ***So in addition to personal home study of the Bible, they associate regularly in the five meetings each week provided

*** w04 2/15 p. 29 "Fight the Fine Fight of the Faith" ***Some who have fought bravely for a long time may be growing weary and are therefore not fighting with the same vigilance

*** w98 4/1 p. 21 "Your People Will Offer Themselves Willingly" ***Many times Nuno wakes up early Saturday morning and reminds his family: "Today we go out in the field ministry."

w96 12/1 p. 13 Parents, Find Pleasure in Your Children *** By careful preparation prior to each weekend’s activities, we knew what we would say. We never woke up on a Saturday morning asking if we were going in the ministry. We knew we were."

*** w04 8/15 p. 22 Tired but Not Tiring Out ***With the passing of time, some may feel that their Christian responsibilities have become a burden rather than a refreshing load as Jesus promised. (no shit Sherlock)

For example Jesus said to his disciples: "This is my commandment, that you love one another just as I have loved you." Imagine what life would be like if everyone applied that commandment! (In particular the WTS who rigorously enforces an extreme form of shunning family and life long friends if they dare to question the slobbering fools at Patterson).........Thus, even though Christians are not bound by a detailed list of laws, (if you ignore the 1,100 man made rules for Bethelites and countless other rules that aren enforced without any scriptural backing) they do not act according to their own ideas of right and wrong. Humans need the guidance that only the Governing Booby God can give them".

It just never fails to amaze me how they can write this crapola, knowing full well that they've probably got more man made rules than most other religions combined.........

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

As the years went by the unwritten laws began to suffocate me.

Good post. I just got that WT yesterday. Will read the article soon.

purps

• Highlander
    Highlander

And let's not forget their most important rule. Thou shalt not criticize thy holy governing body.

Great post Mary, The J-dubs are just as legalistic as the jews and have more written and unwritten rules than any other religion I know of.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Good post. Seems you hit several "nail(s) on the head"

• heretic
    heretic

Nice work Mary,

I laughed out loud reading this one and im feelin a bit down thanks for the pick me up

This is almost print and give to family worthy tho id have to give it a slight edit (just the kingDUMB hall stuff)

neg head heretic

• KW13
    KW13

Very true Mary. The rules that are almost invisible to the eye and outsiders, put the squeeze on the rank and file. They feel guilty a lot, depressed, tired, worn out, unhappy and face problems in day to day life that if they weren't dubs wouldn't happen, and they sometimes feel inclined to blame themselves for shortcomings and lack of faith when in reality the Society is to blame.

Glad i got out!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thanks for this post

its nice to get a ... heads up.

• mouthy
    mouthy

good info Mary

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Lol - brilliant mary, thanks.

For the first time ever, I'd actually like to read a Watchtower/Awake! or three, just for a good laugh.......

Questions from Readers, ''How does an Apostate like me obtain a Dub Publication?''

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Dead on good post, Mary.

Rom 8:21

that the creation itself would also be set free from slavery to decay in order to share the glorious freedom of God's children.

Gal 2:4

However, false brothers were secretly brought in. They slipped in to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus so that they might enslave us.

1Co 10:29

I mean, of course, his conscience, not yours. For why should my freedom be judged by someone else's conscience?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit