great tribulation

by daydream1900 4 Replies latest jw friends

• daydream1900
    daydream1900

my mother who is a jehovah's witness came over my house the other day for lunch she told me that it was announced that during the great tribulation that it would not be to late to go back to Jehovah's organisation as once it was believed that it would be too late to go back after the fall of false religion. Dose anybody have any information about this?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Dose anybody have any information about this?

Yes. The latest is that the whole thing is a crock of baloney. Kind of like "When the mother ship comes down and the door opens will the people who have not yet purchased a ticket be able to buy one after boarding?" You have come to an odd place to get doctrinal explanations about JW minutia. With all due respect, why aren't you baptized, young lady?

Anyway, welcome.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Well, since they pattern this great tribulation after the first great tribulation that came upon Jerusalem in 70CE. the only ones that survived were the ones who fled to the mountains between 66ce. and 70ce. So, you have to ask yourself, will there be a pause, a period of time where things quiet down, so that many could return when the next great tribulation comes. That's not what the society is teaching. I don't buy into the second great tribulation that they are teaching. The first one concerning Jerusalem is all there is to it.

Blueblades

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi daydream and welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't worry too much about the great tribulation, or anything else the jws teach. They've been wrong before, and they are wrong again. It isn't going to happen anyway.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

How would you know when its a great tribulation? Probably in Iraq they are having a great tribulation and Armegeddon all at the same time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit