Faithful and discreet slave

by artcritic 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• vitty
    vitty

12 people rule 6 million................................what a concept,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what a power trip..............................

• sspo
    sspo

They can getaway with a lot more in the congr. and the elders have to respect and honor them because they will be ruling over them.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

As far as what the bible says? They took care of the masters belongings and did not beat the fellow slaves when the master delayed... Does that sound like the WTS to you?

• heathen
    heathen
    Why do any of them fight so hard to stay alive for one more minute? Don't they believe the reward is there?

I've heard the local dubbys state several times the anointed do not want to live on earth but want only to be with the lord , much like the apostles said . IMO their death has to be martyred in relation to preaching about the kingdom so dying of yellow fever wouldn't cut it for me either .

• greendawn
    greendawn

"As far as what the bible says? They took care of the masters belongings and did not beat the fellow slaves when the master delayed... Does that sound like the WTS to you?"

IP-SEC that is precisely what they did not do in fact they beat and abuse their fellow slaves quite mercilessly and lord it over them with total authority.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

According to WTS doctrine, the F&DS are all of the anointed alive on earth at any one particular time.
    S4

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Hey, maybe it's a composite sign?

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

"I've heard the local dubbys state several times the anointed do not want to live on earth but want only to be with the lord"

Heathen, in my nearly 40 years in the org I have NEVER heard a JW say that. How they describe it is that the anointed have a heavenly calling as opposed to the hope of living forever on earth.

And when was the last time any JW called Jesus 'the lord'?

• heathen
    heathen
    According to WTS doctrine, the F&DS are all of the anointed alive on earth at any one particular time.

Yah but only the publishing corporation actually votes on the dogma and doctrine that goes out to the congregations and also it's only the "anointed" that agree with the WTBTS and don't cause any dissent , other wise they demonize them as the evil slave .

yaddayadda-- My point is the same, that they simply believe they will rule with christ (calling him lord is optional) not live on earth at any time after that . They would actually rather call him christ jesus than lord jesus tho . Everybody else in the bible that believed called him lord .

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Why did Jesus say the servant would remain with us forever ..if He goes and the slave comes? If "they" were going to heaven they would no longer be with us right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit