Religion---your personal view

by The wanderer 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

When you step out of the religious mindset, you become aware of how the world relates to you. Before that, I was always looking at how the world related to my beliefs. The "System of Things" was going to attack my religion, I was hated by the world because of my faith and discipleship of Christ. Now that I'm not in any religion, no one gives a crap about me in any of those ways. I don't have any of those stresses!

My search for God is now reversed. He can look for me. If he exists, he has confirmation that I do. I don't have anything to prove to him, he has to prove to me that he exists. If he can't do that, then I can't see worrying about it. Ok, the world and all that's in it, blah blah blah. Ok, that could also be tweaked by a skewed view of it. You see all the violence in nature and the fighting to have the best position and its very much like the men we see. So, there it is. WHen the creator communicates with me in a concrete way, I'll accept it. Until then, I choose to be a good person and stay the hell out of religion's way. I could care less if any book is from him or not. I don't trust any man who says, "This way".

Been there, worshiped that.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit