You Canadians are all right!

by mjarka911 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Hello free

the weather was mostly nice but a little cloudy to see far from the tower, but it still was a neat experience. Just learning about the engineering marvel was worth it. The view I really enjoyed was from the rooftop bar at the Park Hyatt - my friends and I just sat up there at midnight enjoying some Ketel One and a cigar and marvelling at the beautiful Toronto night skyline.

• JH
    JH

When I get out of Quebec. I say the same things about Ontario as you did....people are very friendly and polite and say hello even if they don't know you. I like that.

When I go to the US, I find people very friendly too, especially in smaller towns. Even strangers talk to each other. People say hello in the morning even if they don' t know you. It seems to be an english thing to be more polite and respectful.

When I come back to Quebec, it's totally different, people are less polite and don't talk to you if they don't know you....but it's my home and I'm used to it...

• Mary
    Mary

I was at Casa Loma a couple of weeks ago.....it's absolutely beautiful.......glad you liked your stay here.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

JH

When I come back to Quebec, it's totally different, people are less polite and don't talk to you if they don't know you....but it's my home and I'm used to it...

That's one of the big reasons I didn't want to go back to Montreal. Montrealers are very tolerant and polite if you are in the tourist areas but get out to the real city and the mood changes. You can live beside someone for years and still never talk to them - not even a hello or a nod

When I went to Winnipeg I was shocked when a person was walking down the street and said "Good Morning". It's the same here in Ottawa. People smile at you nod and many even say some sort of greeting hello.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Toronto is nice but you have to drive across the country to really appreciate it's beauty.
    I driven from Nova Scotia to Ontario numerous times and it's a gorgous drive.
    I've also driven from British Columbia to Ontario. Once you get thru the mountains and hit the prairies the expanse is breathtaking.

I love the small, rural costal communties the most. The smell of the salt in the air and the beauty of the fishing boats tied up at the wharfes......

Dams

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm not buying it! We all know that Canada doesn't really exist! Haven't you heard about the Canada Conspiracy? It's all a rouse!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Else

It's all a rouse!

Do you mean rousing, or a ruse? Hee hee.

S

• Highlander
    Highlander

I also would love to trek to yellow knife and the Yukon to see the Northern lights. Has anyone ever done that? Yep,, drove from the midwest to alaska. The Yukon was beautiful. The northern lights are the most amazing things I've seen so far in my life. That was about 10 years ago, I'm ready to take another driving trip through canada, and on to alaska again. And yes, the people there are very nice. While on my way through cananda, I met someone that let me stay with his family for the night. Same thing hapaned in alaska too.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

I swear to what ever God you believe in, I am meant to be Canadian. I just adore the place. Truly adore it. I go 2-3 times a year. I have friends in Toronto, friends in Kingston and a friend in Niagara on the Lake. I just LOVE the people, the scenary, the majesty of it all. If any Brits want advice on travelling to Canada, talk to me... £200 return to Toronto from Birmingham!

My first time ever cottaging... which ALWAYS cracks me up Canuck's, as cottaging here in Blighty means something else ENTIRELY... George Michael was arrested for cottaging in Los Angeles with that police officer... the first time I ever heard the Canadians use this term was when we were staying in a cottage near Perth at a lake called Crotch Lake. Well, we visited a walmart for some supplies and this 16 year old, braces on her teeth, spots on her face type check out girl, says to my VERY gay friend Gary, "So are you guys cottaging?".... well I dropped the eggs... I swear to that same God of yours again, I dropped the freaking eggs... They all looked at me like I was barking mad.... I'm apologising like mad, but thinking, HOW RUDE of her to ask that of Gary? Okay, he's obviously Gay, but how VERY dare she make assumptions like that? So they start cleaning up the eggs and she asks AGAIN if we are cottaging... I was horrified, but held onto the groceries this time. Gary responded with a YES, we're staying at Crotch Lake. The penny dropped and it took me a good hour to stop laughing!

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Hey Brit boy - my right hand and I cottaged at Crotch Lake just this morning and them again this afternoon and probably once more before bed. Nice place huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit