Bill Clinton on CNN

by sammielee24 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Bill Clinton interview on CNN about global poverty issues. I love some of the programs he talked about and showed during the interview - and I like the way he recognizes and puts some value on helping people up - I especially liked the program for the rural farmer where he gets 5 cows to start his farm up and after a specific amount of time, he in turn gives 5 of his now growing herd, on to the next guy to start his farm. Giving people a hand is not giving them a hand out. His figures were interesting I thought as well - 11 million more in poverty in 2004 than in 2003 and this after the gain those people made 10 years ago. It's obvious to see where he stands in the Iraq issue when he quotes the dollars - 10 billion going to global poverty and 30x that amount going to the war. To bad Hilary doesn't have his charisma...sammieswife.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Yeah, despite the fact that I didn't agree with Bill Clinton on some issues, I don't understand the "Clinton hating" that went on during the 90's and still goes on today. Many a talk radio host has made his bread and butter off of biting at Bill Clinton's ankles.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Clinton actions of late = Reason - To become more public to help in his business relationship with Hilary to seek election to the office of President in 2008.

• LDH
    LDH
    I especially liked the program for the rural farmer where he gets 5 cows to start his farm up

Notice he wasn't given a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast, rather a WAY TO WORK HIMSELF out of poverty.

Lisa

The poor will always be with you Class

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

President Clinton has some good ideas, however I still don't trust him. He'll always be Slick Willie to me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You can blame Monica Lawinski for Clintons slick Willie..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I especially liked the program for the rural farmer where he gets 5 cows to start his farm up

Notice he wasn't given a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast, rather a WAY TO WORK HIMSELF out of poverty.

Lisa

The poor will always be with you Class

Does Denny's carry health insurance?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Actually, the man given the cows, has to invest his money back into the farm to make it a go. One requirement is that he has to fence in his land himself so every time he got a little money, he bought a roll of fence and posts. Of course the whole interview was on poverty, how some people and communities become victims of it and discussion on our obligation, desire, ideas and challenges to help those people and communities to become self sufficient again. Anyone who could care less for those less fortunate or who choose to condemn those poor as lazy or ignorant, will have no interest in the interview, ideology or direction these groups are going. sammieswife.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Many a talk radio host has made his bread and butter off of biting at Bill Clinton's ankles.

I don't think the treatment Bill Clinton got has been any different than the treatment almost every president gets. Many more talk show hosts have made their "bread and butter" off biting at Bush's ankles... deserved or not.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Bill Clinton is the greatest American President since FDR.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit