All Those Creepy Files

by choosing life 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

BB - thanks.

• blondie
    blondie

Publisher record cards aren't too revealing. Just your name, address, phone number, whether you are a regular pioneer, MS, elder or anointed and the last 8 years of what you put on your time slips....nothing about your past or opinions of the elders.

If you met with the elders on a judicial matter, you might have noticed that one elder took notes. Those notes and copies of the forms sent to the WTS are supposed to be put in a envelope with your name, date of event, and names of brothers on the committee and sealed and kept in a locked cabinet/drawer at the KH with only certain elders having the keys. Of course, every elder/elder body doesn't follow the WTS directions. Some of these are kept in the PO's home giving his family possible access to them. The WTS has directions to keep files only 5 years but some are kept indefinitely in the case of "serious" offenses. Many BOEs are not good file organizers.

km 2/74 p. 8 Question Box ***

Judicial matters: Confidential correspondence dealing with serious judicial matters should be kept in a safe place, accessible only to elders. It should be retained for at least five years from the date a case is handled to its completion, or longer if the elders deem it advisable in certain cases.

Blondie
  • crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

After all my JC meetings, they would have either had to "thin" them out or build more storage space!!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

When I was serving on the Elder Body I made sure that the Body cleaned out the files according to the society's directive. Anything that was seven years and older was tossed out,

destroyed.

Blueblades

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TIME,GILL

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Ahhhh,all those thousands of files and pages that Danny Haszard has up on the Watchtower,500 pages just on my old sleazy Rockland Massachusetts Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Danny+Haszard&btnG=Google+Search click me

Make more everyday I am 49 should be apostate productive for another 15-20 years apostate immorality in cyberspace

Get ready squirm you bastards...

• Gregor
    Gregor

I kept 5 yrs worth of my personal, detailed JC notes in a large spiral notebook. The JC was very hit and miss with keeping official files. At one point in my reverse "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" transformation I burned that notebook page by page in my backyard BBQ one evening while I consumed a nice bottle of Cab and thought about all the sadness those notes contained.

• Geronimo
    Geronimo

Can you imagine what Jesus would think of the Totalitarian, Orwellian, Gestapo bOrg? I know my file is as thick as a dinosaur steak. It never occured to me until now to give a rats behind about my files. Now I'm creeped out completely. LOL. G

• core
    core

Re elders taking notes at a JC meeting - this was expressly banned by the WT some years ago but doubtless old habits die hard - any person in front of a JC seeing an elder taking notes should challenge them and ask why, and on whose authority they are taking notes as you know for certain that the Governing Body has issued instructions that NO notes be take - you of course are free as a bird to take any notes you wish and it would be most disconcerting for the elders if you did so, clearly noting their names against comments they make....

• carla
    carla

Who keeps better records? The Nazi's or the jw's?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit