WHAT `AGE' DID NOAH BELONG TO?

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

badboy, you haven't been reading many of my posts if you ask that question.

Yes, I'm sure the WTS teaches that Noah was born in 2970 BCE and that would place him in the early bronze age.

Blondie

• Gill
    Gill

If you study prehistory, you'd have to assume that 'Noah' or the group of people that survived the end of the last ice age, when the ice melted suddenly, probably due to Earth Crust Displacement, possibly lived between 10,000 and 15, 000 years ago.

The people of the civilisation of Sumer, which appeared suddenly 6000 years ago, already had their legends on folk surviving a huge flood.

Submerged lost civilisations, from the last crust displacement possibly date back to 15,000, so , the peoples that 'Noah' represent, problaby went back that far.

• badboy
    badboy

YOU SAID 2670 ,NOT 2960 NOW IF nOAH WAS 600 IN 2370,PRESUMELY HE WOULD HAVE BEEN BORN IN 2960,NOT 2670

• Gill
    Gill

Who's got his birth certificate then???? Or do they keep that in Crooklyn?!!!

• shera
    shera

Hehehehe ,Ian and Gill.

• Mary
    Mary
    WAS IT NEOLITHIC,BRONZE OR IRON?

None. Noah belonged to The Last Days Age......geeze....don't you ever read the WT?

• blondie
    blondie

YOU SAID 2670 ,NOT 2960 NOW IF nOAH WAS 600 IN 2370,PRESUMELY HE WOULD HAVE BEEN BORN IN 2960,NOT 2670 Thanks badboy. Your math is better than mine this am. Blondie

• badboy
    badboy

MATHS IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY GOOD POINT(AT MY DAY CENTRE SHOP,I USUALLY HAVE WORKED OUT HOW MUCH I HAVE SPEND BEFORE THE `TILLWORKERS HAVE'.

• badboy
    badboy

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES,EVERYONE

• Terry
    Terry

I work in a bookstore (used books) and get to see a variety of genres everyday. I work in the religion/philosophy/metaphysics sections.

I once saw a very large book that opened up to form a TIMELINE. On top it had all the biblical events and "probable" dates (as gleaned per Archbishop Ussher) and on the bottom was a secular TIMELINE.

What was instantly shocking was the utter dissonance in compatibility!!

At a glance you could see the two could not co-exist in any imaginable harmony!

This is a huge problem for biblical literalists, of course. Archeology and science must constantly be battled, bad-mouthed and opposed for this reason. The Bible's version of ancient people and events does not fit THE REAL WORLD!

When was Noah and his family alive and only 8 people? Before or after the building of the Great Pyramid?

The rapid growth of population and ethnicity is very troubling for thinking people. Especially for cultures, languages and ethnicities and differences in technology post-Flood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit