WHICH MAGAZINES DOES NY BETHEL SUBSCRIBE TO?

by badboy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

As they quote from NATURE etc,one wonder what magazines the wt subscribes to.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

New Scientist; Scientific American: Newsweek; Time; Nature; The Economist; The New England Journal of Medicine; are the ones I know for sure but I know also the ysubscribe to a legal journal but not sure of the Title

• Mary
    Mary

I heard that they're life members to this magazine......whichis where they get most of their information for the WT from:

• blondie
    blondie

Probably not Playboy

I would think they subscribe to all the magazines they quote from. When I toured that area they had quite an array and brothers assigned to read them and make note of possible quotes and/or articles they could use at a later time. I asked how that affected them spiritually to spend all day reading worldly literature. They told me that the holy spirit protected them from contamination. No kidding!

Blondie

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

If I had money to waste, I would subscribe to all nudie mags I can find and send them to Bethel.

• vomit
    vomit

Yes StillA the do qoute from New Scientist. I noticed it too. The thing is New Scientists editor is a hard line Athiest, when the whole creation debade was on about US school there were loads of Articles like "How religion in the US is killing science" "DNA has been Discovered that make people fall for religion" etc.

• juni
    juni

Silly Mary, silly Blondie. Apparently the holy spirit makes exceptions depending on WHO is reading such worldly tripe!! I thought I had heard everything.

Juni

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, juni, they said that in all seriousness. I was hard pressed not to laugh or to challenge their statement. But I had left my scarf/hat at home and could not readjust a brother.

Blondie

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hey Farkel looks good on that cover. :-)

-ed

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS FOR EVERYONE REPLIES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit