JW and the Year 0

by GermanXJW 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I am afraid this got a bit lost in this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/116944/1.ashx

so I start a new thread.

The WTS claims in the Revelation-Book on page 105, (footnote in the box):

Providentially, those Bible Students had not realized that there is no zero year between "B.C." and "A.D." Later, when research made it necessary to adjust B.C. 606 to 607 B.C.E., the zero year was also eliminated, so that the prediction held good at "A.D. 1914."—See "The Truth Shall Make You Free," published by the Watch Tower Society in 1943, page 239.

alt

It is strange that the Revelation-book uses the English title of The Truth Shall Make You Free because there was also a German edition.

But if you take a look at the Berean Bible Teachers’ Manual published in 1909 you find a time map which clearly shows that the Bible Students were pretty aware that there was no year Zero. Insteadt, before 1914, they pointed out to the year 1915 (or at least flip-flopped on this calculation):

alt

This is another example of the Watchtower intentionally lying.

Does anybody have the English edition of the Berean Manual and can post the English map`?

• Warlock
    Warlock

G,

Since I don't read German, even though I took a semester of it in high school, and I can only count to 9 and say hello and goodbye, can you please tell me what the Berean Manuel says where you have circled 1914 in red.

Warlock

• badboy
    badboy

ITS SAY 1915!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

It is called "Jewish 'Double' Parallels' and says "Falling in Oct 1914.

Interesting is the quote you find in the box on p.105 of the Revelation-book:

"The Bible evidence is clear and strong that the ‘Times of the Gentiles’ is a period of 2520 years, from the year B.C. 606 to and including A.D. 1914.”—Studies in the Scriptures, Volume 2, written by C. T. Russell and published in 1889, page 79."

It says "including A.D. 1914" which meant the Gentile Times would include 1914, so pointing out to 1915. I have never read this like that.

BTW, I have not marked this, I just "stole" it from the German board.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Good find. 1915 came about because 1914 failed....

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

After 1915 (and 1918) failed, they came back with "Did we not predict the start of WW1 in 1914?"

But the point above is that they did not use a Year 0, they went from 1 BCE to 1 CE.

• rassillon
    rassillon

Thanks for pointing me to your thread. It appears that there was atleast some understanding of no zero year. I guess... Or maybe they were just confused ;) -r

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Yes, maybe they were confused:

alt

• VM44
    VM44

Thank you GermanXJW for posting these charts.

I have to say though that these complicated charts look like the work of a crazy man!

Do you think Charles T. Russell really believed all this? (He probably did, see my previous sentence).

--VM44

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I do not think that CTR made these charts but his followers put all his teachings on chronology into one chart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit