A Jehovah's Witness is walking past a telephone box when...

by Gilberto 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

What a nice story. Marvin sounds like a great guy. A good Samaritan!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Yes Gilberto it is true. Something very similar happened to me. It so happened that I had an extra Mercedes (it was a 4-door sedan) and I had no use for it. So I advertised it and said I would "give it to the first JW who called me"...and whaddya know? The Very First call I got was from a JW. Had to take the ad outa the paper quick because I got thousands of brothers and sisters calling me. Just very sad 'cause I only had one car to give.

-BONEZZ

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Gary,

Just curious, what was a wrong with the Honda?

Outaservice

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

fdn

I think your right we believe these stoties with absolutely no way to verify them because it "proves we are in the truth". Lets face it nothing else does. With all the changing doctines and prophecies we will look for things to back up our belief system.

Gary

Great story. I dont know many dubs that would have gone to that length to help a stranger

Bonezz

I thought the mercedes went to pioneers only not just to any old JW

• lowden
    lowden
    And I believed the one about the sister who knocked on the door of a violent rapist/murderer who has just raped/murdered/canibalised the occupant of the house but who did not attack the sister because as he told the police later of the two burly men (

Crumpet, i remember that one too.

Ooooh dear, yes i believed it too.

In the cold light of day, when you hear stuff like the one Gilberto related........it's quite likely that they were made up. Or at least greatly distorted in the good old 'Chinese Whispers' fashion, the latter probably being the more plausible IMO.

Exited publishers full of.........'spirit' relating these stories to one another, there's always gonna be one TWONK that embelishes so that peoples ears prick up. Sad.

Peace

Lowden

• solo
    solo

did you hear the one about the brother whose car broke down driving to the assembly?

this was back in the 70s, his gearbox failed and he could only reverse, so he reversed all the way to the assembly

oh such dedication, but what a pain in the neck. I know there was less traffic around in those days but really!

This is a true story:

we were travelling down the M5 to the assembly and saw a brother had broken down on the hard shoulder (cars were less reliable in those days) so we pulled over and my dad towed him the rest of the journey (at least 90 minutes) ... on the motorway at ... 70mph

this poor brother was cr*ppnng himself but the time we arrived - it was a bit of a white knuckle ride

• under_believer
    under_believer

The best thing about that "saved by invisible angels" story is the fact that it's not unique to Witnesses. That was a huge eye-opener for me early in my awakening phase.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Just curious, what was a wrong with the Honda?

Just a plugged fuel filter. I didn't even know it had one:-)

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yeah, I heard these stories, and more. But, like underbeliever, I also remember the day I picked up a magazine from some Protestant religion, and saw exactly the same sort of experiences all through it, and later read about similar things happening to Mother Theresa and her missionaries. I suddenly realized that EVERY religion had the very same experiences.

I was also put off by the lack of specific detail. It was very seldom verifiable, as in "On June 17, 1983, John Doe was going h to h on Oak St. in Podunk, NJ and there met Steve Smith..."

When I put all that together, I knew that a lot of those tales were made up or highly exaggerated, and they had nothing to do with any religion being the truth.

S4

• Asheron
    Asheron

Did you ever hear this one.....

My mother and brother are stuck in this cult and wont talk to thier family including me. They also gave all thier insurance money to help these great ideas spread like bird flu. In addition these great ideas ruined my Brothers ability to cope with reality!!!

Amazing but true~ !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit