WT says Don't look or hear news

by Patriot 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Patriot,

I too want to add my words of respect and admiration for the work that you do. It takes very special souls to do such work, and you are most definately such a soul. I cannot imagine what you have been through in the past days.

I hope that you will be able to rest, as others have said. Please know that we're here to listen if you need to talk about what you've seen. You're surely going to need lots of support after the clean up is over and the reality of an unreal situation sets in.

I still can't believe any of this has happened. It's unbelievable.

Firefighters and rescue workers have always, always been my heroes. Now, that respect has grown a thousand fold.

Thank you seems so insufficient a phrase for our gratitude for all you have done.

*hug*
    essie

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Patriot (...appropriate name),

thanks for the post!

It's funny because almost a decade ago we were

incourgade to read the news, and be informed

with events that might get people attention!!!

Closing the information's channel it to close

...a part of one's BRAIN!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Mac,

Thanks for the reminder.

Good point about how we were encouraged to keep current with the news, so as to enable us to use 'troubling events' to bring up with the householder, as a segue into our JW message. In fact, I remember our PO cutting out newspaper items, which he would relate to the group gathered for field service, to give us 'ideas' to tie-in with a specific Tower or Awake article.

The true unity that people are showing during this monumental clean-up/rescue effort must be quite puzzlng to some JW's. It surely paints so-called wordly people in a different light than the one portrayed by the WTBTS' publications.

There actually have been relatively few incidents that are negative, regarding the aftermath of the terrorism - but we can probably count on the Society to point them out in their mags, while giving little recognition to the 'wordlies' unity.

Patriot.

I'm relieved to hear you will have a good break before reporting back. I can realize there was such an urgent need for round-the-clock efforts on the part of the rescuers, hoping to find those that might be alive. As the days have gone by, and the chances of finding people alive are surely diminishing, it makes sense to conserve the stamina and strength of the men and women who will be carrying on for the long duration yet ahead. I hope you are also okay emotionally with what you have had to deal with. Please take care of yourself. Thanks.

• Preston
    Preston

Patriot,

There was a common expression during WWII: "Those who sit and wait aldso serve". By volunteering your time at Ground ZERO you are going beyond what most people will ever be willing to do, by actively assisting and helping others. *MANY MANY PRAISES*

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Mav,

I hope your family can take some joy from your time off - you mentioned your wife and daughter and their very deserved worry for you.

Hope you give your dog a badass bone for all his fine work. Trained dogs can have bones, can't they? If memory serves me right, you said your dog was a Doberman at 135lbs? Gawd - that's a *huge* black monster! Did I read that right? I had a 115lb white German Shepherd, and when he stood on his back feet, he looked my husband in the eyes - licking the whole time. But he was a LOT of fur - Doberman's don't have that......they have muscle. Blackbart's a good name. He's a hero, just like his handler.

Btw, there was a news special about the trained dogs & what they were going through during this disaster. All those dogs are unique in their long hours of searching, to the point of total exhaustion. Great dogs.

waiting

ps: I have some miniature Dachshunds now. We had some puppies, one little black - about 3/4 lb. We named him Blackbart. Cute lil' bug.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

((((Patriot))))

Didn't hear that instruction in Britain, not had it reported to me.
    It would kinda stand out, though.
    Just some heavy emphasis on not speculating (in the Wt.Study).

LT

• more2C
    more2C

The only thing I heard from my parent about today's Sunday meeting was that witnesses have to be very careful about nationalism in Satan's world. Not to become very patriotic and to remain "separate from the world," during this time.

How can these so called "Christians" be so cold? What about the example of the samaritian?

more2C

• more2C
    more2C

Dear Patriot,

May you find the needed strength and encouragement to get through this difficult time. You are a fine example for us all. I hope you get the much needed rest and peace you deserve.

more2C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit