Syd's Dead

by Shining One 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i saw the original wall too..earls park 1980 or 81

then saw watersless floyd at manchester..delicate sound of thunder tour..lost all my priveleges as a result

missed both waters and gilmour this time round...but saw ozzy floyd for the umpteenth time recently...and they just keep getting better

saw a poster today for tribute floyd marathon in a couple of weeks time..i will so be there

i was never a big fan of syds floyd but a lecturer at my college says my songs remind him of syds solo stuff...so i should check that out

• littlemike
    littlemike

I had the tickets for the Waterless Floyd at Manchester but a couple of weeks before got nervous as I was reaching out to be an elder and my conscience didnt let me go!!

What a fool. Missed Division bell as well. I guess I had started to drift by 1988 went to see Waters do Kaos and saw Waters twice in 2001/02

What did we think was wrong. at Floyd concerts everybody sat in amazement people moved more at the Kingdom hall

• KennyC
    KennyC

I like the old Pink Floyd the best. I play and sing "Wish You were Here" perty good. I do the 90's stuff too, like Chris Cornell, Alice n' Chains,STP, Pearl Jam stuff too. Always been into rock and roll for musical preference on my guitar. Don;t get me wrong: I like a lot of other stuff too, including classsical, but just for listening. I bet you do too.

Set me straight now, was Syd the original singer that the band had institutionalized?

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Set me straight now, was Syd the original singer that the band had institutionalized?

Some of the sites that I posted tell the story. He was never institutionalized but was treated voluntarily for his mental illness. He was a founding member and they all knew David Gilmour. David was brought in to help out after "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" with 'Saucerful of Secrets" in production. Syd was often unable to perform to any degree and was gradually let go.
    David and Roger helped Syd make two solo albums and David always made sure that Syd got royalties from the band's efforts. Syd had some awesome musical talent and was really ahead of his time. His is a tragic tale because of the unability of him to recover and continue with his work. If you search the web you can find the interview done with "Rolling Srone" in 1970 as well as other information on his life.

Rex

• KennyC
    KennyC

Of course he will get a resurrection, you little Moron ! And it's a good thing he died before Armageddon cuz' God woulda' destroyed him forever in flames of fire if he hadn't!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I heard Syd was a liberal.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Nathan, Sorry, I did not ever know the man personally. I have been fascinated with the history of the band, Pink Floyd, ever since the late sixties. Syd was already quits with them by that time. I really enjoy the musical artist's work before and during his sad fall into insanity. I have seen the band three times over the years and enjoyed most of their music. I also have some great dvds of their performances and videos. They have shaped much of the music that has the highest artistic quality and besides that...I love guitar bands that really rock! Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit