Another woman dies due to blood doctrine

by M.J. 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• M.J.
    M.J.

I heard a woman from the Rochester, Michigan congregation has died by obstetric hemorrhage after delivery of her first child.

This is all that was relayed to me.

So heartbreaking .

• LDH
    LDH

That should be good for a picture on the front page of the Awake! Yippee! Another childless mother.

• M.J.
    M.J.

You mean motherless child.

Yes, it is truly a sad situation for the child and the father.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You're right MJ, it is heartbreaking, but I'll bet the cong will remember her as a great example of someone who stuck to their principles.

What a sick religion this is.

• M.J.
    M.J.

It defies comprehension that no one would simply start to ask themselves, "why?"

"why would this happen?"

"what about all those blood alternatives the organization has poineered? (yeah, I know)"

"Why so much talk diminishing blood's medical value, when it could have saved this life?"

• jgnat
    jgnat

Jewish theologians have no problem over issues like this. The sacredness of life overrides any prohibition. How can abstension of a THING be of greater value than the LIFE? From the following link: http://chabadstanford.org/pages/wisdom_center/Article/69.html

In any case where there is disagreement between medical authorities, one should make the same decision that one would make if no religious prohibition were involved, since where any question of danger is concerned, all religious laws must be [largely] ignored.
  • LDH
    LDH
    The sacredness of life overrides any prohibition

I think I'm Jewish.

• under_believer
    under_believer

The only Biblical evidence against the blood policy I or anyone else will ever need:
    Matthew 12:1-14
    Is letting someone die who could have been saved mercy? Or sacrifice?
    How much more valuable is a man than a sheep!

• M.J.
    M.J.

UPDATE:

Sorry, initial dub-gossip on this was incorrect. Apparently the woman died of a rare condition and a transfusion likely would NOT have saved her. I myself am dumbstruck that the initial buzz on this out of the KH incorrectly reported that she died from hemorrhage.

Mods, please feel free to remove this topic, as the title is inaccurate in this case. My apologies.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

MJ:

Would you by any chance be able to get the name? There's quite a few from MI on here. Other then that, I'll keep my eye on the Detroit News. I'm just curious if there's anyone from the board or our meet up page would know the woman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit