Bethel Letter to Publishers (US Bethel Layoffs)

by V 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• V
    V

Every September, at the beginning of the JW "Service Year", a letter to publishers is printed in the KM. This letter addresses recent layoffs at Bethel:

Our Kingdom Ministry September 2006 (For United States of America), page 1

Dear Kingdom Publishers:

Let the Will of Jehovah Take Place." (Acts 21:14) This was the title of a symposium presented to the United States Bethel family by Governing Body and Branch Committee members on the evening of Monday, December 26, 2005. It was explained that as a result of the simplification of certain branch operations, some Bethel family members would be invited to serve in the United States field in various assignments where the excellent training they have received at Bethel could be put to good use.

Improved technology has made our shipping and printing facilities more efficient. This has reduced the need for volunteers in the Bethel home. On the other hand, there is a growing need for more "workers [in the] harvest." (Luke 10:2) As one member of the Governing Body observed: "We can buy machines to do our printing for us, but machines cannot preach the good news." Therefore, mature, experienced brothers and sisters who have benefited from Bethel training are being assigned to the field where they will be able to contribute much to the preaching and disciple-making work. A number of congregations in the United States branch territory will benefit from their help.

We are confident that Jehovah will richly bless the adjustments being made to balance the need for faithful workers at Bethel with the needs in the field.

Your brothers,
    United States Branch Office

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

These guys should be spin doctors really. Those poor blinded fools who have given up their lives, careers, education for Bethel service being turfed out like this. DISGUSTING.

I also can't help think of the married Bethel sisters who so desperately pined for children, but were denied that (God given) right and desire by their "need" to stay at Bethel. And what of Tony, the brother at Bethel who told me I was MAD to leave Bethel when I did as he would not want to be anywhere else when Armagedeon hit... wonder what he thinks now.

• undercover
    undercover
    Therefore, mature, experienced brothers and sisters who have benefited from Bethel training are being assigned to the field where they will be able to contribute much to the preaching and disciple-making work.

In other words, "You old farts that are costing us money and productivity due to your health care costs are outa here."

The WTS needed to cut back on workers, known in the real world as a lay-off. Who best to get rid of? The experienced worker who knows the ropes and the ins and outs of all there is to know at Bethel which may mean too much maybe or the naive and easily intimidated youngster who can push a broom or some buttons as easily as the old guy?

Easy. Cut loose the ones who cost money and who have limited productivity, keep the kids who you can train like a monkey and get less lip from.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Therefore, mature, experienced brothers and sisters who have benefited from Bethel training are being assigned to the field where they will be able to contribute much to the preaching and disciple-making work. A number of congregations in the United States branch territory will benefit from their help.

Mature, experienced brothers and sisters = older workers that we don't want to provide healthcare and retirement for.

Cheap bastards. Let's use up the prime years of your life, and then discard you like a used pair of undies.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

the funniest thing is, we've knon about this shit since it happened.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

So they was "reassigned to the field." Funny when I was layed-off in 2000, my employer didn't say, "You are being reassigned to unemployment." These poor guys didn't even get a severance package, just a slip and told to pack up because, "Jehovah doesn't need you anymore. Now off to the pasture... I mean field."

• done4good
    done4good
    Therefore, mature, experienced brothers and sisters who have benefited from Bethel training are being assigned to the field where they will be able to contribute much to the preaching and disciple-making work.

That's just plain sick.

j

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Therefore, mature, experienced brothers and sisters who have benefited from Bethel training are being assigned to the field where they will be able to contribute much to the preaching and disciple-making work. A number of congregations in the United States branch territory will benefit from their help.

Yeah....RIGHT!

There was another post that said that these "laid off" bethelites would receive about $500.00 per month to get them adjusted to their new life. Hmmmmmmm........how long will that last? And how long will it be until many of the middle aged ones really get fed up trying to find jobs that pay any decent money at all? What about medical insurance? Us older ones are deteriorating and the doctor visits get closer and closer. Without insurance, what will they do? There are only so many hospitals that recognize the Hill-Burton act for non-insured people.

But rest assured.......the borg will really play up the very low percent of laid off ones who get a "fabulous" job because of their years of experience at bethel. They will use this to justify themselves and put the spin out that those who are not able to adjust are not putting their heart into it or trusting in Jehovah enough.

I for one can't wait until some of them start posting here on JWD and voicing their discontent and blowing the whistle on other doings at the JW Mecca.

HappyDad

• sf
    sf

The more pressing question is how many of these that will be 'let loose' may be potential pedophiles like CANO.

I SWEAR TED, YOU GET MORE AMUSING IN AN ALARMING WAY MORE AND MORE EACH DAY.

HOW ABOUT A LETTER TELLING THE FLOCK THAT THEY ARE NOW SET FREE FROM THE PRISON WALLS OF THE CORRUPTIVE WATCHTOWER AND DEMOLISH ALL YOUR BUILDINGS AND GIVE ALL YOUR MONEY TO ALL YOUR VICTIMS.

YA THINK? YOU SON OF A BITCH.

sKally

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree
    Body observed: "We can buy machines to do our printing for us, but machines cannot preach the good news."

UUM...If God could make rocks talk I think he could make the machines spread "the good news'"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit