Disassociation letter2

by Suzie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Suzie
    Suzie

So... I finally have thought about somethings that I want to say in my letter to disassociate... in my last topic starter regarding this, someone had meantioned disfellowship papers? why would they be sending disfellowshipment papers if I take myself out?

In the letter, I am thinking about making the one to my friends kinda short and sweet and to the point. I don't think that they really need to know the details of the why I am leaving. Or should they? I don't want my personal life to be the talk of the congos so the less they know, the better. right?

As far as my elders go.. They need to know the basic basics of why, I can understand. I know this will be my last communication with my friends... so I just want to make it count, like was advised... should I state my reasons really, or just leave it??? My reasons are selfish...

• choosing life
    choosing life

Nobody needs to know your personal business. We all deserve our dignity and privacy. If you want to help your friends, tell them something about the "truth" that may help them to start thinking for themselves. If even one person is aroused from the mind numbing tactics of the cult, you have done them a great kindness.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

You need to do what you need to do for you. You can share as much or as little as possible with them. I hope everything turns out okay for you.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I still like this one:

I went to the KH and posted on the door ...

To whom it may concern,

Give this message to the Watchtower Bible and Crap Society: "YOU'RE FIRED".

Sincerely,

N*** P.

source: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/115099/1.ashx

It's short and to-the-point. (Makes me laugh, too)

-Aude.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Can I ask you something? Why are you writing the letter? When I stopped going to meetings, my Dad sternly admonished me that if I was not going to go to the meetings, then I should write a letter to the society. I refused. Somehow, that made him happy, though I never went to a meeting again. What I didn't say to him was that I wasn't playing the society's reindeer games AT ALL. If I felt they were not the right hand of (g)od, and therefore basically hogwash, why on earth would I bother fulfilling their wishes by writing them a letter? Are they all that, or NOT? Isn't that why you are leaving? Frankly, it has made my life much, much easier... my beloved family chose to think of me as "inactive", and thus still show thier love for me. I can understand if you feel you need closure, and if this is something you really want to do, but PLEASE, make sure this is coming from YOU. You yourself said this was what you were "advised". Of course they would advise you to do this, but why are you still giving them power? My advice is to think this through. If you write the letter, they have won. Strength to you. It gets easier. Hang in there.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

BabaYaga

welcome to the forum! Your words of wisdom are well appreciated, I would say the majority of posters on this forum take the position of NOT sending an official D/A letter. Why bother? These creeps no longer have power over you, why play by their rules?

But everyone has reasons, sometimes for closure like you say. But I would not do it!

Pope

• gymbob
    gymbob

BabaYaga~

Welcome! And good post!

If I had it to do again, I probably wouldn't DA myself. They wanted to meet with me to DF me when I tried to fade. Just let them do what they do. I know it's hard, but....... dont give a crap. Don't give them the power they want over you.......never, ever again.

• earthtone
    earthtone

I'm kinda with Baba on this one, just stop going. You don't have to tell them anything. You don't owe them any info.

• VM44
    VM44

Long DA letters are not read by the elders. They just skim them to see where the person says they do not want to be associated with Jehovah's Witnesses anymore, they then fill out the DF/DA forms and then file the letter.

Why even bother to write such a letter? Don't even tell them you want to be DA, just leave and never go back.

--VM44

• Sheri
    Sheri

Welcome to the board Babayaga

You are so right not to play by their man made rules, plus for those still trapped inside at least they will be able to reason to themselves that you are just inactive. I guess you could say that we are doing them a gesture of love by leaving a loophole to use.

Peace & Love,

Sheri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit