I couldn't believe what I heard

by snarf 12 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good
    The Elder then proceeded to empathise with my situation back then, and beings I was under great stress, if I had gone out drinking, got drunk, had a one-night stand, but was repentant and came forward right away, nothing but a good talking to would have happened and I would have then been scriptually free from the marriage as I would have commited adultery. I asked what would have happened had I did what I did, which was meeting my fiance and respecting myself and him as well by waiting for "relations" until I felt ready, which wasn't for about 6 months after we met, but I don't feel repentant over it, and I continue on with the relationship? He said, well, then I would have been disfellowshipped

Sad but true snarf. Incidentally, this was the very thing that made me come to my senses and say WTF???

j

• snarf
    snarf

Luna2 -

Isn't it amazing how many loopholes you discover when you walk away? V- makes a great point though about the "innocent" mate having a say in the matter on wether they forgive you or not.

At least now all the conversations I had with the P.O. about the matter back then make sense now. He was always reminding me that I was not yet baptised and that maybe I should go out some night and see what followed me home. I always thought he was joking, maybe he wasn't..

Thank you all for all the help you gave in the matter, if they ever stop by again, maybe I will bring up the issues suggested and see what they say.

• poppers
    poppers
    my 12 year old was sitting there the whole time and she even said"that doesn't make sense".

That's great. When a 12 year old can spot their b.s. I bet it really embarrasses them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit