What Dub Habits have you kept?(On accident or on Purpose?)

by mama1119 43 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

I think that when you are in a cult like the dubs, things stick with you whether you want them to or not. I still pray before meals and bedtime...anybody else??

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I don't celebrate any holidays (except birthdays ... which are huge for me and my friends), because I have no attachment to it and I refuse to give into the Hallmark Holidays.

• snarf
    snarf

I aimlessly walk around the neighborhood knocking on poeple's doors on Saturday mornings...lol, just kidding.

I back down to my fiance all the time when he asks my opinion on matters concerning money "respecting his position as head of the household". He hates it. He wants me to make the final decision and I still can't.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

I still can't say "God bless you" when someone sneezes. Even though I know the silly reasoning behind not being allowed to.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I forget to let my kids do some things that normal teens would do and they actually remind me that I was deprived of these things...such as concerts. I have recently let my son go with some boys to one, but it took a moment for me to remember this was normal.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Whenever I clean out my closet or organize it, I keep things aside I think of as "bookstudy" clothes, and then remember I dont go to bookstudy. And when I see a preview for a rated R movie I disregard it, until I remember I am ALLOWED to watch them if I want!!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I'm still a compulsive people-pleaser; I clean houses for a living. I still think (unconsciously) of Tuesday and Thursday as meeting days and have this vague and unconscious dread of Tues and Thurs night boredom. Does anyone else have weird responses to the word "Tuesday"? It will always, always, always be bookstudy night and Thursday, theocratic ministry school (some school!), and Sunday Meeting. Oh gawd, do I love sleeping in on Sundays.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I find I'm incredibly bored on Sunday mornings. I feel the need to go do something, but what to do?

I also cringe when I hear "Bless you" when I sneeze.

• earthtone
    earthtone

I back down to my fiance all the time when he asks my opinion on matters concerning money "respecting his position as head of the household". He hates it. He wants me to make the final decision and I still can't.

Me too, I still have the " the man is the head" mentality that I can't seem too shake. Me thinks my husband likes it

• blondie
    blondie

Making a decision..........flip a coin, or the paper, rock, scissors method.

Praying before meals is a dub habit? I know lots of non-JWs who pray before meals.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit