Hello. Welcome me! Welcome me!

by raylo 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hi Raylo. Welcome

• TMS
    TMS

Raylo,

How great that you figured everything out in less than a gazillion years. You won't be like us JW lifers dreaming about what might have been.

For my wife and I, our departure from JWdom plunged us both into a deep depression and launched a number of physical ailments I suspect wouldn't normally have manifested themselves until years later. The antidote? Classic movies. We saw everything black, white & English. How many times I recall coming home from work to a home with all the blinds drawn, Spencer Tracy, Kathryn Hepburn et al working their living room magic. We caught up on a generation of American culture we had missed. I still sigh when thinking of how incredibly beautiful the very young Hepburn, Bacall & others were in their heyday.

tms

ps: You may have gotten some of your "independent spirit" from your mother. Based on what you've stated, she sounds like an extraordinarily levelheaded JW.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome! Enjoy, learn and rant with the rest of us!

• raylo
    raylo

aw..so sweet. thanks again all !!!... now I have tons of catching up on some topics.

For my wife and I, our departure from JWdom plunged us both into a deep depression and launched a number of physical ailments I suspect wouldn't normally have manifested themselves until years later. The antidote? Classic movies. We saw everything black, white & English. How many times I recall coming home from work to a home with all the blinds drawn, Spencer Tracy, Kathryn Hepburn et al working their living room magic. We caught up on a generation of American culture we had missed. I still sigh when thinking of how incredibly beautiful the very young Hepburn, Bacall & others were in their heyday.

Hi TMS. I have to admit that I was fortunate in that my leaving did not affect me..just as my baptism didn't affect me. I do know that for many it's a life altering event that can be wrought with unpleasantness.......but I love your remedy...your "medicine" of classic movies! I myself collect Katharine's movies (and of course those she did with Spencer) along with Audry, Bette, Ingrid, Sophia, Elizabeth, Greer, Rita, Lana, Fred Astaire, Frank, Carey Grant, Jimmy/James Stewart, etc etc. And I love my classics even moreso since I can watch them whenever I wish to without worrying about having to go to 30,000 meetings a week.. I also collect foreign movies, whether it be French, Italian, Swedish, Hindi...so whatever the language it's better than suffering through the hall..lol. Hope you and your wife find as much joy in the classics as I do..especially as it's a remedy of sorts for you two.

ps: You may have gotten some of your "independent spirit" from your mother. Based on what you've stated, she sounds like an extraordinarily levelheaded JW.

Actually no. My mother is not an independent anything...lol. She's extremely co-dependent. Even she acknowledges that my sister and I are the independent speakers/thinkers/doers in the family. My mother does everything else strictly by the society...she still get nervous if I watch a movie rated PG-13. She lives alone (widow) so all I simply did was point out how the ppl of the hall never checked on her, called her, saw if she needed anything......only family did. It'd been that way for years..so where was that Christian love? So of course she did not cut her ties with either my sister or myself. If she needs anything, though I do not live in the same state now, only my sis and I are there for her.....so she has chosen to not turn her back....Good choice I'd say!!

She will not, however abandon her faith..and I will not try to talk her out of it. I learn things from observation, not persuasion. Perhaps she will do the same.

Raylo

• Gill
    Gill

Welcome, Raylo!

• bubble
    bubble

Hi Raylo and welcome, you will find many friends here.

Any chance you can change your font size, it's really hard trying to read that tiny writing!!

Love Bubble. XXX

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Welcome Raylo!!!!

• raylo
    raylo
    Any chance you can change your font size, it's really hard trying to read that tiny writing!!

Sure thing Bubble..noo prob

Amazingly I also write that small. I used to have to grade my own papers in school because my teachers could not read the small writing!

Raylo

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Raylo,

WELCOME to the forum!! We loo forward to hearing more from you later!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hello, tell us about yourself.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit