Flordia Residents .. What is happening now?

by xjwms 22 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

Where are you in Flordia?

Are you boarding up

Or are you packing up?

• dmouse
    dmouse

Message from a friend in Fort Lauderdale, about an hour ago:

<<I think the storm should be upon us by late tonight/early morning. Mainly rain.>>

She doesn't sound too worried!

But I think the main part is gonna hit much further south than Ft Lauderdale.

• xjwms
    xjwms

dmouse

thats good to know

Looking at the path of that thing looks like its going right over where my wifes aunt and uncle live.

When we were there early this year...they said "This area was never hit whit a bad storm"

O Kay we'll see.

• jwcol
    jwcol

Compared to the storms a couple of years ago, this is nothing. I think everyone is staying put and few are boarding up. South Florida is getting it right now. I'm in DAB and we'll see the brunt tomorrow but it will be a lot weaker by then. We get heavy storms in the afternoon during summer, so it will be like just a long summer storm. The good thing is we are working from home tomorrow, so hopefully I'll still have power so I can watch TV and won't be without A/C. That's the worst part, doing without air conditioning for days at a time!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I'm flying out to Florida tomorrow with no delay so I don't think it's going to be that bad.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I'm flying out to Florida tomorrow with no delay so I don't think it's going to be that bad.

• xjwms
    xjwms

jucol

the power is a big thing...I need the a/c when its that hot.

Oh yeah...you will need jwd too.

• xjwms
    xjwms

ColdRedRain

Stay safe.

• jwcol
    jwcol

I don't even think we'll lose power out here, and I live in an area with underground power, so it should be ok.

• xjwms
    xjwms

jwcol

good for you

where I live all we need is a hard rain. and the power plays tricks on us.

I hate that...goes down for some time too.

I have a lot of timers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit