Did you ever hear any active witness complain or criticize the Org?

by JH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Happend in a few congregations that I was in, and these brothers or sisters most of them left....

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yes. I remember an elder once half-joking when some new point came out how, whenever the Society changed something, they always blamed the rank and file for believing the previous point, when we were simply doing what the Society said. He's also still a brother. I remember friends complaining abuot the way the Society would always try to put a positive spin on everything. In private, the friends would often say things. A lot of people are bothered by things in the WTS, but hey, "where else is there to go to? Who else has the truth?" Yuck. S4

• thepackage
    thepackage

I know a couple of people who will complain in private. I know one Elder who will admit in private and with a few drinks "we do not have the truth" but them will say "this is the best religion out there so where am I going to go?"

• done4good
    done4good

Many times. Sometimes petty, sometimes not so petty. Of the not so petty complaints, these days I find it relatively easy to take advatage of these and turn them into a good counter WTS discussion with the two or so witnesses I still talk to.

j

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

No, in my case the complaining was directed no further than annoying elders or kids we didn't like.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Yes, and in most cases it was always pioneers and bethelites.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Complaining is as much a part of DUb life as psychosomatic illnesses are.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

many times but usually with people they trust not to squeal

• dirtyface1
    dirtyface1

I know a few active witnesses that consider themselves "outcasts". They even use that word on themselves. These "outcasts" never have any "privileges" and usually sit in the back of the Kingdum Hall. They complain on how the "elders" and other "brothers" and "sisters" treat them like the proverbial "redheaded step child". Although they admit that they are considered "outcasts" and don't have any place in the "congregation", THEY STILL STAY in that hateful religion.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Absolutely. I have spent many many nights with a select group of elders/wives who complain about the same things I do, we do. The treatment of the flock, including the shunning policy, the reporting of time and judging publishers by it, the lack of "Jesus" in the overall programs, (thanks to Ted), the poor meeting content, lack of support for widows and orphans...etc.

They told me they want to affect change from the inside...way to much to lose...family, friends...social environment. Now we've been apart for close to 5 years now, and I doubt anything critical of the organization would be mentioned to me ever again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit