Earthquakes and rumors of war or whatever ;o)

by Hellrider 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• plmkrzy
  • under_believer
    under_believer

Let's see if I have your prophecy straight, 3w, and I'll also line Jesus' up next to it so we can compare.

Sign 3W's Prophecy Jesus' Prophecy

Earthquakes

2 Million Deaths

Earthquakes Happen

Wars 100 Million Deaths Wars Happen
    Famine Famines Happen Famines Happen
    Preaching Work Happens in all lands; millions reached Happens in all lands
    Doctrines No Trinity; No Hell; "Earthly paradise conditions" Didn't specify

Okay, is that about right? You're saying that for it to be the time of the end, there have to be specific numbers of people who die of different causes, and at least "millions" reached by the good news. The revelation God inspired you to write appears to be quite a bit more specific than the one Jesus is recorded as prophesying back in the first century. Perhaps God felt that it was time to shine some new light on the situation and to tack into the wind on this understanding.

Interestingly, Jesus' prophecy could have applied to just about any period of human history. Perhaps it was the failure of this prophecy to outstandingly match our period of history more than any other that prompted God to inspire you to make a new prophecy.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

If that is the main criteria, Jehovah's Witnesses being around, then there is no other 90 year period.

The war deaths and earthquake deaths cannot possibly be the same. Population...The greatest wars man has ever seen happen now because those kind of wars WERE NOT POSSIBLE before. There can be no world war if you can't freely travel across the world.--????? Why is that not obvious? Those same stats can be used for anything. What about "There has been more infant deaths since 1914?" There are more infants!!! "There have been more haircuts since 1914 than ever." There are more heads!

Never before have we seen such war, famine, etc.--yes. Why? Never before have we seen so many quickie divorces by celebrities. Why?

Never before have we seen what each ruler of each nation had for breakfast this morning.--Why?

We know everything that happens right from our living rooms.

What about The Mongolians? Compared to the population of the Earth then and now was that not a huge war? The entire continent was at risk. If they had B-52's wouldn't they have branched out even further?

Bottom line is that this is EXACTLY what drives people away. Not thinking freely...Eating ANY "spiritual" food that is given, and then driving it into others heads like it is law. The WTBTS's law IS man's law. Unless they are prophets. THE most inaccurate prophets the world has ever known.

And just like the technology to bring war and communication, that same technology is what is bringing people away from the WTBS.

I really am sorry I responded to this again as it is like discussing politics. When someone has stock in an organization, there is no talking to them no matter how clear cut it is.

Once again, thanks for reminding me why I will never go back and why I will always fight to keep others away. ANYTHING other than a controlling man made religion. Hmmm, how about if you believe in God, try THE BIBLE. I know that is a crazy idea to study the Bible without man's input. But maybe that is what it is for, to settle the speculation, not start it.

There is no prize for whomever guesses the last day.

• AlanF
    AlanF

In his post # 384 on page 2 of this thread, thirdwitness wrote:

: Hey did you know that earthquakes in 1556 averaged close to one million per year. How about that statistic?

It's on about the same level as your claim that earthquakes are much worse since 1914 than ever before.

: You can't just pull out of your hat and start with a big earthquake that occured and then finish with a big earthquake and claim see there how many died from this period to the period. More is involved than earthquakes.

Very true. But since no one has done this, your statement is obviously a stupidly transparent ploy to suggest that some actually have done this. Hence, you're dancing the usual Watchtower sidestep by creating straw men. In other words, you're lying.

: I challenge you to find any 90 year period that had almost 2 million earthquake deaths and 100 million war deaths.

It is you who are claiming startling changes for the post-1914 period. Since you are claiming such extraordinary events, it is your problem to prove your contention. It is not the probem of others to disprove it.

: And then there is famine and all the other parts of the sign.

Right. And famine and pestilence are demonstrably much less severe, by all measures, since 1914 than before.

What's interesting, and sad, is that you've been challenged on this point quite a number of times to provide statistics, but you never come through. Since you never come through, it's obvious that you can find no data -- even in Watchtower publications -- to prove your claim.

: And so after you find that 90 year period with 2 million and 100 million deaths from eqs and wars, make sure it is also the same 90 year period when the good news of the kingdom of God is preached in almost every country to millions of people.

What's sadly funny about this statement is that thirdwitness doesn't seem to understand the childly simple point that all he's saying is, "when else have modern day Jehovah's Witnesses been active besides the 20th century?"

: And I'm not talking about the false news about some Trinity God that burns people in hell forever. I'm talking about the real good news of the kingdom--a kingdom set up with God's son as ruler by the true God who is not a Trinity, Jehovah, that will bring paradise conditions to earth as foretold in the Bible.

Yes indeedy! When else have Jehovah's Witnesses and their predecessor Bible Students been around but in the late-19th and 20th centuries!

: Then you will have made your point.

You make the extraordinary claim. It's up to you to prove it. It's not up to anyone else to disprove it.

Oh, by the way, how is that invisible pink unicorn above your head doing lately? Please tell him hello for me!

And again by the way, I really want to know: How do you view the serious problem among your brothers that they've been fornicating at a rate 130 times greater than 70 years ago?

AlanF

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

AlanF said: And again by the way, I really want to know: How do you view the serious problem among your brothers that they've been fornicating at a rate 130 times greater than 70 years ago?

Here's a statistic for you. Around 1918 there were about 15,000 JWs who didn't commit fornication that year. Now there are about 6 million who didn't commit fornication this year and have to be DFed.

Wow, the righteousness and morals of JWs is 400 times greater than 90 years ago.

Your argument is pitiful.

Jesus said , 'Great earthquakes in one place after another.'

Do you deny that earthquakes have affected more lives since 1914 than ever before? Do you deny that of the 23 greatest earthquakes 11 were after 1914? Do you deny that of the top 10 greatest earthquakes half were since 1914?

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Dont know if this shows up but its the original paper reporting the earthquake in "tokio" in 1923. Death toll said to be "incalculable". The Daily Perspective®

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Thirdwitness:

AlanF said: And again by the way, I really want to know: How do you view the serious problem among your brothers that they've been fornicating at a rate 130 times greater than 70 years ago?

Here's a statistic for you. Around 1918 there were about 15,000 JWs who didn't commit fornication that year. Now there are about 6 million who didn't commit fornication this year and have to be DFed.

Wow, the righteousness and morals of JWs is 400 times greater than 90 years ago.

Your argument is pitiful.

LoL, talk about being pitiful. Don`t you see what you just did? In your statement above, you just agreed with us "apoastates" argument that the death tolls due to earthquakes in the 20th century must be seen in relation to the population increase. This is because the basic argument in your post above, is that as the number of jws have increased (t0-fold, or whatever), there must be allowed some increase in dfing-due-to-fornication, without this being used as a statistical ground for laiming that jws are now fornicating all over the place completely out of control. Thank you for justifying one of our arguments as to why the statistics of deaths due to earthquakes are not shocking at all. So, with your statment above, I believe we now have put to rest your argument that the population increase doesn`t matter. thank you for clearing that up, and I take it we will hear no more of that part of the argument from you.

You are about as funny to me as a circus-clown is to my 3 1/2-yearold son (he laughs till he drops).

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hellrider, it's amusing how us "apostates" can see these things so clearly, but one of "Jehovah's people" is completely blind.

Thirdwitness seems to understand, in a ferally clever kind of way, that honestly answering questions like I posed destroys his arguments. That's why it's so hard to get him to answer. I posed that question to him about 15 times before he answered.

Of course, thirdwitness will pay no attention to your observations, and will continue to use his bogus argument, just as his partner in braindeadness -- scholar pretendus stupidus maximus -- does. He has no choice, because to drop the argument means dropping all of his beliefs about a "composite sign" beginning in 1914. This is Orwellian doublethink/crimestop in action.

AlanF

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Alan F, thanks. Yes, I know he will ignore me, like he often ignores you. He ignores me all the time. At first I thought it was because I have called him "witnoid", but others here have called him worse things than that, and he still responds to them. Maybe he doesn`t like that we are pointing out the obvious...it`s kind of like the kid in the fairytale "the emperors new clothes". It`s so easy to see thru these jw-apologists crap. I love it when they mess up, like he did above (admitting population increase does matter).

• Amazing
    Amazing

During my engineering days, I had to evaluate siesmic effects on components used in nuclear power plants. In my work, I used material from Georgia Institute of Technology, which has an excellent department devoted to seismic issues. I forget the name of the professor, but he wrote a rebuttal to the Watchtower Society because they misquoted and misused his comments out of context. What else is new. The Society attempted to make it appear that earthquakes have increased since 1914. Instead, sccording to the G.I.T. professor, earthquakes and earthquake related deaths have decreased in the last 100+ years. I am a little hazzy on the exact facts, but that is the gist of what I recall. I had opportunity to correspond with that same professor, and I wish I had taken the opportunity to ask him more about the Watchtower claims.

Jim Whitney

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit