My Mom's First Birthday!!!!

by mama1119 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

I threw my Mom a SURPRISE birthday party this year at a nice restaraunt with all her closest friends and family. She hasn't had a birthday party since she was 7 (she turned 47 today). She was in the borg for 25 years and this was the first time in 25 years she got to celebrate. She had a marvelous time!!! Afterword she said " I think we are finally on the other side, I think we are normal."

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

congratulations on making it to the other side and Happy Birthday to your mom!!

• restrangled
    restrangled

You are wonderful!!!!

I turned 47 in June. What a super sweet thing to do. Tell your mom Happy Birthday for Me, and I wish her many more!

r.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Happy Happy Birthday to Mom, may she have many, many more years of FREEDOM!

AJ

• parakeet
    parakeet

Many happy returns to mama1119's mama! and to mama1119 for honoring her mother in such a thoughtful way.
    I can only daydream about my parents sharing Christmas and other holidays with me and my family.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Awesome, tell her happy Birthday from Shelly!

• bubble
    bubble

It's great being worldly ain't it?

Happy 1st to your mum. XXX

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome back to the normal world and out of the darkness of the demon controlled cult, those angels of satan so clumsily transformed into angels of justice and light. When one opens the jar the contents are not at all according to the label they stack on it.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I think we are normal."

Happy belated birthday to mama1119's mama! Normal is RIGHT!!

Nice job!!

Ian

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Mamma,

What a wonderful time it was! You know, it is so strange, this is only the 3rd B-day I have celebrated EVER, and it just doesn't feel wrong! I expected and always believed I would feel guilty and would be depressed over participating in such "pagan" celebrations! Yet the truth is, I was honoring the day my best friend came into this world. She is a gift from above, so celebration of her life seems only natural. I certainly did not feel anyone "worshiping" her. In fact it felt very much like a baby shower, just no baby. Witnesses always would say we don't put people on pedistals to be glorified. Yet isn't that exactly what people do when they are at a baby shower, a wedding shower, or a wedding? They are the center of attention. Everyone has come there for the event just for them. So WHY is celebrating a birthday any different?? It's pagan they say.. Yet, think about the Societys stand with the Pinata. Check this out... 2003 Awake, Sept 22, pg. 22.

The

Piñata Today

Later, the piñata became part of the festivities of the posadas during the Christmas season and continues as such to this day. (A star-shaped piñata is used to represent the star that guided the astrologers to Bethlehem.) Breaking the piñata is also considered indispensable at birthday parties. Indeed, piñatas have become so traditionally Mexican that Mexico even exports them to other countries.

We found that for many people in Mexico, the piñata has lost its religious significance and is considered by most to be just harmless fun. In fact, piñatas are used in Mexico on many festive occasions, not just for the posadas or for birthdays. And piñatas can be purchased in many forms other than the traditional star shape. They are sometimes made to resemble animals, flowers, clowns.

When considering whether to include a piñata at a social gathering, Christians should be sensitive to the consciences of others. (1 Corinthians 10:31-33) A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues. The Bible says: "Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person."—1 Corinthians 10:24.

So.. I think it is what is in your heart that you are doing that matters. If you are sitting at a birthday and in your heart you are worshiping that person, then it would probably be a sin in God's eyes. Yet how many people do that?

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit