Big Announcement

by choosing life 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Wow, so this is what I've been missing. The BIG JW news. It's likely going to be something mundane, like the brothers in bethel sending their love and clapping, or some shit like that. Gotta do something in October with all the dubs crying "Armageddon is coming! Armagedding is coming! I've got to preach the good news of the king.......dom!"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In all my days as an elder, whenever something important had to be announced, the PO would get the letter and then call a special elders meeting say on on Sunday after the Meeting and we would read and discuss it. The congregation had to be told at the next Service Meeting, no time for leaks.

I have heard of more "Big Announcements" on this board then ever I did in the congregations, but they never amount to anything.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The two biggest changes to happen to the Witnesses in my life were not announced, per se, they were snuck in, and today most Witnesses are not aware of one and some are not aware of the other.
    The HUGE change many Witnesses are not aware even happened was the disassociation of Jehovah's Witnesses from the Watch Tower Corporation and the disassociation of the Governing Body from both Jehovah's Witnesses AND the Watch Tower Corporation.
    The biggest change in doctrine in my lifetime observing Jehovah's Witnesses was the change in the teaching that the generation that saw 1914 would not die before Armageddon. . . maybe ever. Many Witnesses sat right through the Watchtower study that explained the change and didn't notice it.
    In my experience, big change is not done by big announcement. The bigger the change, the harder it is to see it like the Governing Body members resigning all their corporation director's jobs all at once.
    Big announcements are almost always hype, in my experience. The elder arrangement was announced at a convention. Women in the ministry school was announced at a convention. Those both were in Knorr's day with less than a million members worldwide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit