Boycott

by earthtone 21 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

Dansk

I appreciate your line of arguement but i don't think these long, boring, droning threads are of that much use at all. All it is, is intellectual masturbation and very few people who are searching for the TRUTH are going to bother reading these spewing ramblings.

The truth comes from within, not from an intellectual discovery. You're a Bhuddist mate, you should know that. I agree that we can at times be guided by what someone else says to us but not in the aformentioned way.

From a budding ( but not searching) Bhuddist.

Peace

Lowden

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Lowden:

Dansk

I appreciate your line of arguement but i don't think these long, boring, droning threads are of that much use at all. All it is, is intellectual masturbation and very few people who are searching for the TRUTH are going to bother reading these spewing ramblings.

For you and I, I would tend to agree (although I often derive immense knowledge from the amount of ancient bible history cited by the likes of Alan and Leoleia) but for lurkers, who are sitting on the fence, such posts can be just what they need to make the decision to exit Watchtower. Let's face it, if we find the posts too long and boring we don't have to read them!

Ian

• done4good
    done4good

His posts do a very good job of exposing the weakness of his arguments. While he can often post an entire page, (sometimes close to a book), full of rhetoric, a simple common sense reply TO ONE SENTANCE of his drivel would make any lurker see the bias and nonsense of whatever point he is trying to make.

j

• earthtone
    earthtone

I understand you Dansk, But I agree with Lowden.

I maynot be sittin on the fence, but if I was, I would never read all the crap he writes. It's just too long! After a few paragraphs, I'm snozing. I cannot honestly believe that lurkers read all of that mess either. So I'll just ignore him, like I'm sure plenty of others do.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

What I would like to see is a few of the people who are still interested in debating this crap just slam dunk him then drop it! If you read any of the threads his 'logic' and arguments have been totally trashed by the 2nd or 3rd page minimum so why continue? Just ignore him from that point and let him run off his verbal diarrhea as long as he wishes!

• kid-A
    kid-A

Agreed. Watchtower apologists can be refuted and exposed within a single page of a thread. How these 607 threads manage to metastasize into 60 page threads is beyond human comprehension, particularly since they transform into repetitive, circular pseudo-intellectual masturbation by the third page.

The apologists need to be dealt with and answered. However, endless pages of repetitive circular arguments are not constructive. In fact, they likely turn off the majority of lurkers who simply need an elegant, straightforward rebuttal to the apologist nonsense. That very rarely seems to happen. Instead, we get endless 607 pissing matches. I just dont even bother looking at these train-wrecks anymore.

• lowden
    lowden

Kid A

Articulate and Eminently Logical post.

Peace

Lowden

• kid-A
    kid-A

Thanks Lowden,

But I stole the "intellectual masturbation" line from your post! LOL

• Dansk
    Dansk

Erm, how does one masturbate intellectually?

Ian

• VM44
    VM44

Leolaia also makes long posts, and I am sure nobody here at JWD would want to boycott her.

Of course, I realize that Leolaia's posts are NOT the same as 3rdWitnesses posts. --VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit