Last talk at the District Convention

by BurnTheShips 43 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

Welcome, BurnTheShips!

That analogy is the worst I've ever heard.

j

• sspo
    sspo

He continues to bring up 1975 and its failed prophecy because he knows it's all over the internet.

These guys have their own office and privacy, they have all the time in the world to check on the enemy "apostate" and see how they can fight and refute them and maybe even assigned a few to fight back like thirdwitness.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Who is thirdwitness?

• gymbob
    gymbob

BurnTheShips~

Welcome, and nice handle!

1975 STILL BEING TALKED ABOUT? That's some illustration. Who was the doctor that gave the pregnant woman the wrong "due date"?? I hope he's not talking about the "faithful slave", remember, they never predicted anything, some people just read to much into what the society said. Yea...right.

• badboy
    badboy

WHAT BOOK IS THAT?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The new book is: “Live with Jehovah’s Day in Mind” A brief scan shows it to be an analysis of the 12 "lesser" prophets. Will read it soon.

• VM44
    VM44

"Losch brought up 1975 and compared it to a mother being wrong on predicting the day her baby would be born-of course she wouldn't throw out the baby clothes, cribs, etc because of this, she KNOWS the baby is coming!"

Let's put some numbers into Losch's example. A normal human pregnancy lasts 9 months and let's say that corresponds to the time period from 1914 to 1975 which is 61 years in length. The year 2006 is 31 years past 1975 and would correspond to the middle of a woman's 13th month of pregnacy!!!!

According to Losch's own example, something is very very wrong!

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

Do you think all that sunbathing on Bethel's rooftop could have fried Losch's brain?

--VM44

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME!!! and thanks for the info. My father SWEARS the society never held 75 as a date for the end of the world, even though I have shown him in print otherwise. He is learning spanish, perhaps I can pass that along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit