The Next Prediction

by truthsetsonefree 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I believe that the Governing Body, whether directly or by implication, will predict the great tribulation very soon. Consider:

1. They have predicted for a long time now that religion would be destroyed.
    2. After the destruction of religion, Gog and his hordes would attack the Watchtower.

Now the Watchtower must see the handwriting on the wall. Lawsuits are increasing. Numbers and donations are dwindling. That can only mean one thing to them. That religion's end is upon us and that the great tribulation is about to begin.

Has anyone else thought this as well?

truthsetsonefree.modblog.com/

• Arthur
    Arthur

This discussion is going on in another thread right now. There is a lot of speculation flying aroud right now. Some speculate that the major announcement to come in the next couple of months is related to the letter that was recently read telling JWs to prepare for natural disasters and terrorist attacks.

I stated in that thread that the G.B. would have to be nuts to make another prediction like this. Another poster on the thread said that Jesus words were clear and unambiguous: No one knows the hour. Not even the Son.

I seriously do not believe that a prediction is coming. I believe that it is a major internal change in the organization. I know someone who personally spoke with one of the GB members about this. This particular GB member said that "major changes are coming". He said that "many people aren't going to like it, but that it is going to be for the good of the flock". He said that they hope everybody shows obedience. These kinds of statements tell me that it is not a doomsday prediction, but is going to probably some kind of clamp-down on the rank and file.

• gumby
    gumby

The problem with saying armageddon is close is that they have also stated that religion will be eaten up by the governments first, then jehovahs people will be attacked. These two things must preceed armageddon according to their own words....so how they can say armageddon is imminent I don't know. The time element to destroy religion would take countless years just as it did when christianity overpowered religion in the first few centuries. Religious zealots will be here forever.

Gumgeddon

• Arthur
    Arthur
    so how they can say armageddon is imminent I don't know. The time element to destroy religion would take countless years just as it did when christianity overpowered religion in the first few centuries. Religious zealots will be here forever.

Yes, and don't forget, that they still haven't identified the King of the North.

• Bryan
    Bryan

They most likely will have "New Light". It's not that government will attack religions... but "A" religion! Yes the governments of the world are now attacking the Muslem faith!!!

The END is Near!!!!!!!!!!

MHO

Bryan

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Sounds to me that they will probably be clamping down on the rank and file. They may be taking a stricter position toward the inactive ones, stricter position regarding college, stricter position regarding the internet, cable tv, etc... They also may want more donations and this announcement could touch on this as well.

thecarpenter shuts off the sexy cable show and checks to see how much change he has in his pocket...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    so how they can say armageddon is imminent I don't know

Peace and Security must be said too!

and I don't see that any time soon. Do you?

purps

BUT, Jehovah can make things happen like a snap of the finger!

• moshe
    moshe

Did I miss a Watchtower article or a book since I left 18 years ago?? I thought the King of the North was going to Battle the King of the South and the Untited Nations was going to do something, like, ah- damn I forgot. Gotta be prepared for Armageddon- the slave class knows all about this stuff I've been told.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

the hype is always bigger than the prediction

• sspo
    sspo

DF any JW who owns a computer since it's a tool of Satan and all apostates.

There is more talks among the witnesses in predicting the end of the system, many are coming up with all kinds of formulas.

It makes a lot of sense in predicting something and keep all the JW in expactation of something, since they see that the zeal is not what it used to be, if the don't do that they will be like all the other religions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit