Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.........

by ScoobySnax 41 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I SAW BUCK ROGERS DURING PAST WEEKS

JOE 90 ,THUNDERBIRDS, UFO

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I don't believe it! Buck Rogers is on Bravo channel.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Aw man, for kitch you can't beat old Buck. I can't believe how tight the costumes were on those women. Lots of funny guest stars if you look back on the episodes too, Frank Gorshin, even Markie Post who would later have the female mullett and star on Night Court! And Mel Blanc doing the voice of Twiki. You can't ask for more can you? :D

I wanted to be Wilma Deering. What a cool character for a little girl to look up to, even if she was pining for the space cowboy. She knew how to shoot a blaster, she flew her own fighter...you go Wilma!

Loved Starbuck from Battlestar (dirk Benedict) I actually met him at a sci-fi con a couple years back and when I bought his book and asked him to sign it, I said to him, dare I tell you that you were my first tv crush and that I was fiv-" "Stop! Stop right there, that's enough..." he laughed, looking pained. He signed my book "From your OLD Crush," LOL. Quite a guy.

I don't like the new battlestar at all. Too much violence toward women and children for me to make it thru it.

Love watching the original Treks on tv on the weekend too, and still loving DS9 on DVD. Good times...

essie

p.s. Love the Duck Dodgers pic! Saving the galaxy from running out of the "rack and pinion molecule, the only known substance for polishing yoyos!" Now there is a cause I can get behind.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Ah Wilma - such memories

• badboy
    badboy

IRONHEAD,THAT IS WHERE I SAW BUCK ROGERS(STARKY AND HUTCH AND POSSIBLY KNIGHT RIDER(I HAVE DIGITAL)

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

OK, My all time favorite TV show from my childhood was none other than the greatest Sci-Fi camp ever...
    LOST In SPACE!!!.

Will, Penny, Don, Judy, Professor Robinson, Maureen Robinson, and of course, Dr. Smith and the Robot.
    (Oh the pain, the pain).

Who remembers the talking carrot episode? It was so bad it's great.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Land of the Giants. Now that was a good sci-fi show.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I used to LOVE Tiswas! Theres been no kids Saturday morning programme like it since. It was legend.

It was also on a Saturday morning so the most I used to see of it was through the living room window while some kid inside was in his jimjams eating bacon sandwiches and I was outside in my christian dress trying to flog Witchtowers.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

You poor thing katie. Flogging witchtowers was like watching Multi-coloured Swap Shop on BBC1. Saturday. Saturday. Saturday is TISWAS day.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Flogging witchtowers was like watching Multi-coloured Swap Shop on BBC1

Urghhhh tell me about it.

Did Noel Edmunds have a babe in a leather waistcoat helping him swap a pair of roller boots for an Operation Game? NO did he buggery.
    Did he have a comedy dwarf lampooning Blue Peter? Did he have a big black man laughing hysterically wearing a wig...

Sigh.... there was no comparison.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit