what a revelation!

by solo 29 Replies latest jw friends

• grey matters
    grey matters

Welcome Solo! Good for you for having the guts to make a tough descision and stick with it.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

welcome Solo, so nice to meet you. It is wonderful that there is a place to go to and share your life as a exJW. I can well imagine how difficult it must have been for you in 87,

So now sit back and enjoy the diversity of our board. Orangefatcat

• Quandry
    Quandry

Solo- You have quite a story. I will have to give you a great big "You go, girl!" because it certainly took lots of guts to do what you did. Glad your folks decided they couldn't live with themselves shunning you for the rest of their lives.

welcome

• moshe
    moshe

I'm so glad you are here, Solo. I left in 1988 and am looking forward to more of you life's story.

Shalom,

Moshe

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, solo!

But hey, stuff them I did it. I went on my way into the world, got a job, got somewhere to live and I survived. I missed noone from the Congregation because i had no friends there. After 3 years my parents contacted me and i am no longer shunned. But it has made me a very strong person.

That is great to hear. We have a few young ones on the board who disassociate themselves every year, and I fear for their first few years alone. I sit on pins and needles until I hear of their first brave steps towards independence. It is so hard, but if survived, they are ready for anything the world might throw at them! We need to hear success stories like yours.

By the way, did your parents ever apologize for the way they treated you back then?

• solo
    solo

wow, what a wonderful response! Thanks to you all for your lovely welcoming and encouraging words

Solo

• done4good
    done4good

Welcome, Solo!

j

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Welcome Solo!!

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Welcome to the boards solo!!!!!!

Pull up a chair, get yourself a drink (and a smoke if you like.... we're allowed to do that here!) and make yourself at home!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit