WTS competition

by Half banana 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

Just now 10am Friday morning, had a phone call from central London to tell me that opposite the Houses of Parliament outside Westminster tube station the WTS (Wobbly Trolley Society) are standing there being overshadowed by others with loudspeaker and taller placards declaring "JWs are a cult". Sounds like fun!

But will this sort of publicity harm or benefit the JW org?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Amongst the witnesses, it will help reinforce the "persecution complex" that "proves" to themselves that they have the truth and are being bullied by big demons....

Amongst the public, it will all depend on how dignified the "opposition" is carried out.

Sadly, some people will sympathise with those being targeted, and it may actually make some "low hanging fruit" of the community show interest in the witnesses message....

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    A silent protest would be better, no need for the loud speakers at all for the reasons stuckinarut said...
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Just Satan stepping up his persecution as we are so near the end and he knows he has so little time left......

George

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good to hear though, freedom of speech at work, and any member of the public will file away in their mind that JW's are suspect, not just benign.

Good job my fellow U.K 'Poztates !

• jhine
    jhine

Sadly it will just entrench Witnesses even more , as pointed out above . Yes they may get a little sympathy vote but we can only hope that other members of the public will maybe think twice before listening to JWs at the door .

Jan

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But will this sort of publicity harm or benefit the JW org?

It will merely fuel their persecution complex, proving Satan is trying to discourage and harm them.

Doc

• millie210
    millie210

Agree with stuckinarut, it all depends on how the naysayers conduct themselves.

Its hard to "out-dignify" someone who expects persecution and views it as validation from the Most High.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Counterproductive, IMO.
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    Then how do you counter high profile WTS presence and misinformation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit