World Trade Center, Opinions? Was OK, but great recruitment film.

by Wasanelder Once 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I thought the movie was well presented. The drama of the two men trapped was engaging. The only problem is that it seemed like they were the center of the whole event. I'm sure that is because they were the focus of this tale. Regardless, it seemed to fall into a semi-patriotic "revenge" inspiring tale. That was a turn off for me. Only because at the end there was a statement that the guy who found them went back into the marines and did two tours of Iraq as if that were the way to get revenge for 9/11. A little disengenuous to me.

What did you think?

W.Once

• jwcol
    jwcol

I won't see it. I'm one of the people that believes they were taken down by the government to rally support and to enact the Patriot Act. There is just too much evidence that doesn't fit with the official explanation of what supposedly happened on 9/11.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    I won't see it. I'm one of the people that believes they were taken down by the government to rally support and to enact the Patriot Act. There is just too much evidence that doesn't fit with the official explanation of what supposedly happened on 9/11.

You've been a JW way to long. You are seeing things that don't even exist.

• zeroday
    zeroday

But don't let that stop you, I'm sure you peak under the trash can lid to see if someone is gunning for you...

• Arthur
    Arthur

I loved the movie. I thought that it was really moving.

Only because at the end there was a statement that the guy who found them went back into the marines and did two tours of Iraq as if that were the way to get revenge for 9/11. A little disengenuous to me.

Personally, I don't think that Oliver Stone threw that information in to try to get recruitment numbers up in the Marines. I think it was just given as matter-of-fact information. It's possible that that particular Marine felt that he was avenging 9/11 by his tours; but I don't think that Oliver Stone had an agenda in relaying that information.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Oh, Authur, don't shatter JWCOL's illusion. He really believes Bush planned 911 to bring the US under marshal law. Strip us all of our rights and destroy the Consitiution. I mean, what other explanation could there be...

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I'm one of the people that believes they were taken down by the government to rally support and to enact the Patriot Act. There is just too much evidence that doesn't fit with the official explanation of what supposedly happened on 9/11.

zeroday, I don't think he's serious. I think he was just making a joke.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Look out JWCOL. I hear black helocoptors in the background. THEY ARE COMMING FOR US TO PUT US IN CAMPS. GOD CAN YOU NOT SAVE US.............

• zeroday
    zeroday
    zeroday, I don't think he's serious. I think he was just making a joke.

You maybe right, but you know what's really scarry. Many people in this country think just that way...

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

Haven't seen the movie(I wait until dvd for all movies as I have a two year old), but as for the commentary, you can't have it both ways. Either Dubya is a complete moron, or he is a mastermind. He can't have both orchestrated an event like this, and be a total idiot. I suspect he is somewhere in the middle.

While I haven't seen the film, the terrorist actions on 9/11 have indeed inspired people to join the armed forces. I personally know JWs who have told me that if they weren't disallowed from being political, they would certainly have wished to join the forces to seek revenge against the perpetrator, so I can understand why seeing said film might bring those feelings about.

Regardless, it seemed to fall into a semi-patriotic "revenge" inspiring tale. That was a turn off for me. Only because at the end there was a statement that the guy who found them went back into the marines and did two tours of Iraq as if that were the way to get revenge for 9/11. A little disengenuous to me.

edited to add that I don't see that as being disengenous. For anyone to see what happened to these innocent people, and to want to seek revenge against said perpetrators does not seem at all to be something that is "disengenous", unless they are total pacifists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit