Why is it we can't let go and get on?

by restrangled 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I was held captive in a totalitarian country for over three decades. I escaped the dictator and went to a free land, but at considerable personal cost. I left a lot of friends and family behind, and I lost much more than that.

I am now a freedom fighter, working to bring down this horrible dictatorship. I still have family living under this totalitarian regime.

You want me to "let go and get on???" WTF!! One of the survivors of the holocaust spent the rest of his life fighting that horror, and won considerable world acclaim for it.

This is not exactly like you had a couple of problems in life and now you need to move on. Assuming such is incredibly arrogant of you, and is really pissing me off.

What universe do you come from where people can "let go and get on" from teachings and ideas that have fucked up so many lives?? Those are the screwed up ones, people who can leave it and not feel a need to help those still in slavery, not those of us who want to end this madness. Get real. This is not a harmless religion.

S4

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The problem, I believe, is the more you put in the harder the fall. When the witness world was your life. when you were sincere and earnest about the beliefs. when you made sacrifice for god and kingdom, only to find you were serving a publishing company, thats heart breaking in more ways than one. For me I was raised in the troof. Despite being very bright academically and a really good athelete, the only career path that was presented for me was pioneering and Bethel. when that is your focus and what you put your heart into, when the curtain is pulled back and you see for yourself that the great and powerful wizard is a charletan, you dont just move on.

I know now that I suffer from a lack of motivation. I can do anything that I set my mind to, but the reality of all the time I have wasted away to the publishing company will forever gnaw at me to my core. Perhaps to someone who did not invest so much of their soul and conscience to the BORG, it may be easy for such a one to simply move on. But when you were whole-souled and faithful, to have the rug pulled out from you, to have all the 'fine works' you showed for the WT$ to be treated as nothing, thats a bitter pill to swallow.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Why can we not get on with our lives and let go of what we have all been through? Why are we all still so angry and frustrated?

Depending on how long we were in the cult, it has impacted our lives to verying degrees. To just a little screwed up, those people probably dont even show up here. To a clusterfxxk which there is no recovering from short of a frontal labotomy or is that a bottle in front of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit