HOW MANY OF 1914 GENERATION LEFT?

by badboy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There could be a few million left now, but in another 10 to 15 years, at the most, I wouldn't think there'd be any.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I think there is one old guy in Michigan alive yet! I'll see if I can get his nursing home address!

Outaservice

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

My aunt was born in 1911, and will turn 95 this October. She is barely hanging on though.
    Oh. She is a Mormon, too - not a JW.
    Does this '1914' rule apply to just JWs - or _all_ of the population?
    Regards,
    Jim TX

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Johannes Heesters is a still active actor in Germany. He turns 103 this year...

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Jim TX,

They say the "generation" doesn't apply to lifespan at all anymore. But way back (10 years ago) when it still did, yes, they had already left off teaching that it meant those old enough in 1914 to know the significance of the events and started teaching that anyone who was at least born in 1914 qualified as part of the generation.

Of course, they never sufficiently proved that the generation that saw 1914 actually saw 1914 as a turning point in human history.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I know of some JW who do not really accept the new light (tm) and say "Well, there are still some around of the 1914 generation. It still can come true."

• penny2
    penny2
    I know of some JW who do not really accept the new light (tm) and say "Well, there are still some around of the 1914 generation.

Not surprising, considering the extensive brainwashing that took place around the "generation" doctrine. What are they going to think though, in 10 or 15 years when there is really no-one alive of the 1914 generation. Then again, they don't think, do they!

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Wow! 103.

What sort of parts does he play, Dead body #2?

W.Once

• free2beme
    free2beme

Does not matter since 10/95 Watchtower, when they changed the understand. There could be none, does not make a difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit